Here's a new OD Cob with matching Cob tamper:
odcob1-600x337.jpg

Reactions: tomatamot

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
dscn0262-600x450.jpg

dscn0285-600x450.jpg

some photos of the cobs I make. Came out pretty good. They dont last longer than about 20 smokes usually but they smoke great, with great flavor and they are all natural.

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
Wow there are some great looking cobs on this thread! I have a few that are just standard modern fare, but this one is a little different. I put a Pony Express stem on my Patriot to make a sort of nosewarmer of it. This is my, fewest needed relights, pipe. I love it.

apiperisdown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2014
Most of my cobs and their new home. Just received the new new churchwarden Forever Stem on the Patriot from Walker Briar Works. It's the 7th stem I've had Dave make and couldn't be happier with it.
dd823ab6a0a69509eaeceebcaa229c05.jpg

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
After seeing all these, I think I'll finally break for a cob, you guys have broke me! :worship:

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
This cob belongs to a member from another forum. I love the look of well used cobs and I'm working on my own.

13013r_zps8a142a4f.jpg

Here's a couple I'm going to work on this year.

20141217_093907.jpg

dge_5th_avenue_nosewatmer_corn_cob_tobacco_pipe.jpeg.png

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Started to say how much I was impressed with the jaw76"s R. Santia custom, and bentmikes's Little Pony, and then it just got out of hand. Some really great cobs everybody!

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
This thread inspired me to commission a custom cob from R. Santia and led to an article I authored, published here at Pipes Magazine:
http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-reviews-pipe-makers/the-story-of-a-custom-cob/
After re-reading this thread, I was reminded of where my interest in cobs was re-ignited, if you'll pardon the pun. Here are a couple from R. Santia.

I also own a Tuxedo I got from Dave over at walkerbriarworks.com. Mine is second from bottom.

Before I acquire any more pipes, cobs or otherwise, I need to recover from some recent PAD and TAD attacks. In the meantime, I have to figure out where to store what I have. My wife isn't happy with the idea of hanging pegboard on the porch wall . . . :)
Pax

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
I further modified the Patriot I pictured above, and this is the result. I just didn't like the shape of the top on the bowl.

dragospiper

Lurker
Apr 27, 2017
Because of all these great posts and lovely pics of corn cob pipes, now I want to get one for myself. Do you guys recommend I get one? I heard they're only several dollars and are great smokers!

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Here's my favorite out the 6 cobs I own. A patent era Dunhill cob. No, Dunhill did not make this pipe, I made it from an old Dunhill that had a totally burned out and broken bowl.

I know that some of you here have seen this pipe before, but I figured it belonged on this thread. I gotta say, this is one of the nicest smoking pipes I've got whether it's a MM cob or a Dunhill. Best of both worlds, great smoking bowl and a great stem/button.
Before:

img_0386-600x258.jpg

After:

img_0940-600x347.jpg

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Orley, that thing is awesome! Makes me wish I had a trashed bowl with a good shank and stem kicking around. I got a feelin' one of my briar pipes might get sacrificed soon.