PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Here are a couple that I customized.
I added the stem, but it came about 1mm too thick and made the pipe way too uncomfortably long for me. So, I hacked back the stummel a little and banded it after I bored it out. The band is copper on this one, because I like the way the color works with the blue.
The same on this MM General, except the I made the band out of sterling silver. As a jeweler, I enjoy adding tidbits of stone and metal to my stuff. I am thinking about making my next project a corncob spigot 
What happened, you went from making cobs to disparaging them? :puffpipe: Did a cob insult your mother, or steal your lunch money?

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
Was idly wandering through pages on Amazon the other day, when I came across "exotic wood blanks for pen turners" and suddenly thought, these might be handy for making shanks for custom corncob pipes !

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Alright, been planning to upload here for a while now and always forget, so here goes, my corncob collection I keep at the office and carry between here and the house, just because:
20190214_140045-600x291.jpg

And here's my first cob!
20181125_1850391-354x600.jpg

20181125_1849491-552x600.jpg

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Here are the four I own, each one dedicated to a specific blend: Englishes, Virginias/Burleys, Aromatics, and Lakelands. My favorite is the big MM General with custom stem on the bottom. Next favorite is the Mark Twain above it with a custom shank and fitted stem. Second from the top is a stock Charles Towne, and at the top a Country Gentleman, also with a custom stem.
cobs_02-441x600.jpg