PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I’m kind of reckless and old school. An Ox Cart table:
View attachment 247163
European Arts & Crafts wall racks and American Arts & Crafts (Mission) pipe stand:
View attachment 247164
View attachment 247166
A turn of last century English pipe cabinet (for my Falcons which I haven’t gotten up on the wall yet):
View attachment 247167
A picture for context (sorry, the apartment is a little messy):
View attachment 247168
And, of course, the artwork:
View attachment 247170
View attachment 247171
What does the wall rack say?

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I've been in the process of making one for several months now (lack of time and motivation). Going to be a two tier thing, 3 on top tier and 4 on bottom. I have a grand design in mind that's ridiculously fancy using hard maple, mahogany and leather. I actually just drilled the first part the bowl rests. I actually already made this piece but in testing, the pipes were too close together for my taste. I have at least found the stain I want to use on the mahogany (the maple will be left natural).
PXL_20230917_011006222.jpgPXL_20230529_213057367.jpg

In the meantime, I just have an inexpensive 5-pipe stand from KAFpipe that I bought on Amazon:
PXL_20230331_214725323.jpg

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Acc
What does the wall rack say?
Accurately translated is “Life Is A Smoke” but closer to the actual meaning is ‘Life Is But Smoke’. It is a Memento Mori. The symbol at the bottom center is a stylized Angel of Death and the outline is a wisp of smoke (signifying that life is fleeting). Back when this was made the average life span was about 50 y/o (and in most cases, much less) so this would have had great meaning to that generation of pipe smoker. I look at this saying every morning to remind myself that life is short so I must Get To Work and make the most of it. It is by far my favorite smoking accessory. Thanks for asking.

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Acc

Accurately translated is “Life Is A Smoke” but closer to the actual meaning is ‘Life Is But Smoke’. It is a Memento Mori. The symbol at the bottom center is a stylized Angel of Death and the outline is a wisp of smoke (signifying that life is fleeting). Back when this was made the average life span was about 50 y/o (and in most cases, much less) so this would have had great meaning to that generation of pipe smoker. I look at this saying every morning to remind myself that life is short so I must Get To Work and make the most of it. It is by far my favorite smoking accessory. Thanks for asking.
It's Dutch and I really like it a lot :)

Reactions: gamzultovah