PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
I've heard great things about the benefits of 1/2" dust and was thinking of adding it to my pipes, as well. In your considered opinion, is imported dust better or will domestic dust serve just as well??? :ROFLMAO:
Only the good stuff......years of dog dander and open widows!

• Haha
Reactions: Choatecav

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
Random find at HomeGoods. Used to hang pipe bags from it as well. Best $9 I've spent in a long time!

View attachment 314986
Wow..... very creative. I wonder if I bought something like this if my wife would let me put it up in the foyer of the house?? I'm betting she would........ NOT!! :ROFLMAO:

I'm really impressed at the level of creativity in the pipe smoking world.

AreBee

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
Here is the updated pipe cabinet and smoking lounge.

View attachment 314715View attachment 314716
I love this! I have been searching for something like this for a while now. What I believe is called a butler's hutch. Glass cabinet up top for my beer and liquor glassware, a flat bar area for all my booze and storage below. I'll have to see how pipe accoutrements will play into this.

Reactions: metalheadycigarguy

Professor Moriarty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 13, 2023
United States
I love this! I have been searching for something like this for a while now. What I believe is called a butler's hutch. Glass cabinet up top for my beer and liquor glassware, a flat bar area for all my booze and storage below. I'll have to see how pipe accoutrements will play into this.
I have been using the term "China cabinet" for so many years, I almost forgot dear Mom referred to this same piece of furniture as a "hutch". Thanks for bringing back fond memories of our old hutch, though it contained neither booze nor pipes.

• Love
Reactions: AreBee

AreBee

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
I have been using the term "China cabinet" for so many years, I almost forgot dear Mom referred to this same piece of furniture as a "hutch". Thanks for bringing back fond memories of our old hutch, though it contained neither booze nor pipes.
A hutch was always what we had in my parents' home as well. I think the difference is that a "China Cabinet" does not have the open area below the doors. If you google "Butler's Hutch" you will more often than not see that open shelf are between the bottom drawers and the upper cabinets.

Reactions: Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 13, 2023
United States
This is in a cabinet that is closed 99.999% of the time.
That may tell you how long its been sinse I cleaned the cabinet.
I didn't open it once in seven years.
Where did all the dust come from?? :)
Fairy dust perhaps? 🧚🏻‍♀️ Pipe fairies will take up permanant residence in pipes which they find attractive and welcoming.
You know they are present when an old pipe begins to smoke exceptionally well.
They are particularly fond of Petersons due to its accommodating reservoir.

Reactions: Sig

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Found a straight seven pipe Decatur rack and made a modest offer that was accepted. Decided to hang it between desk and open blend cabinet (rather than atop cabinet) to keep some of my more often used pipes handy.
Now I’ve got my Kaywoodies and my uncased meer in the carousel, and my Petes and others aren’t just laying about.
IMG_0832.jpeg
Dad’s collection (that got me started in this madness a year and a half ago) now lives on the top shelf of the bookshelf nearby.IMG_0833.jpeg
Y’all are a bad influence…

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
There
Found a straight seven pipe Decatur rack and made a modest offer that was accepted. Decided to hang it between desk and open blend cabinet (rather than atop cabinet) to keep some of my more often used pipes handy.
Now I’ve got my Kaywoodies and my uncased meer in the carousel, and my Petes and others aren’t just laying about.
View attachment 315987
Dad’s collection (that got me started in this madness a year and a half ago) now lives on the top shelf of the bookshelf nearby.View attachment 315988
Y’all are a bad influence…
There now........ Don't you feel a lot better about yourself now that you've done this??? ;)