PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Skip, who owns the Briary doesn't smoke. The other pipe shops in my area also are owned by non-smokers or rare occasion cigar smokers. There are two cigar shops owned by non-smokers in my area also.
While they know how to sell a pipe or a stogie, they usually are just saying shit they've heard over the years. These pipe things are usually more of a magical anomaly to them than they are to us, so yep, they say stupid shit.

And cigar guys... why can they not shut the hell up? I really don't know nor care about what famous cigar rolling expert made those stupid stogies. I don't even know the different names of the brands. I just want the strongest damn sticks in the store, pay my money and get out of there, before they start showing off their dicks and pissing against the walls. I think it is standard procedure to hire the most obnoxious, ugly sons of bitches with face tattoos and beards to their belts to set in these cigar shops saying shit to expose shoppers for not knowing as much as they know about cigars. YOU WIN, I don't, and I don't care. Just let me pay for these and get the hell away from the Hells Angels serial killer you've hired to run your register. A face tattoo just expresses to the world how much you hate humanity. I think you have to be a complete moron to open a cigar shop and the choices of employees proves it.
These days, I just order cigars from smokingpipes, so that I don't have to deal with the complete assholes that work and hang out in these shops. I'd rather be stabbed in the eye than hang out in a cigar shop.
This has some of the most enjoyable curses and derogatory remarks that I've seen in one post in quite some time. I mean, it really is well-done. I get in similar moods when I hate everything, and when I do, for good or bad, you end up hearing about it.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Skip, who owns the Briary doesn't smoke. The other pipe shops in my area also are owned by non-smokers or rare occasion cigar smokers. There are two cigar shops owned by non-smokers in my area also.
While they know how to sell a pipe or a stogie, they usually are just saying shit they've heard over the years. These pipe things are usually more of a magical anomaly to them than they are to us, so yep, they say stupid shit.

And cigar guys... why can they not shut the hell up? I really don't know nor care about what famous cigar rolling expert made those stupid stogies. I don't even know the different names of the brands. I just want the strongest damn sticks in the store, pay my money and get out of there, before they start showing off their dicks and pissing against the walls. I think it is standard procedure to hire the most obnoxious, ugly sons of bitches with face tattoos and beards to their belts to set in these cigar shops saying shit to expose shoppers for not knowing as much as they know about cigars. YOU WIN, I don't, and I don't care. Just let me pay for these and get the hell away from the Hells Angels serial killer you've hired to run your register. A face tattoo just expresses to the world how much you hate humanity. I think you have to be a complete moron to open a cigar shop and the choices of employees proves it.
These days, I just order cigars from smokingpipes, so that I don't have to deal with the complete assholes that work and hang out in these shops. I'd rather be stabbed in the eye than hang out in a cigar shop.
I see you posted this this morning. I hope the meds have kicked in by now. :LOL: ?‍⚕️

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Pipe makers, for whatever reason, are completely persuaded, almost to a man, about the necessity for coating chambers, which to me is unfounded and unreasonable.

Italian makers leave their chambers alone. I've yet to hear that Castello warns their customers to build cake slowly or suffer the consequences. A maker told me that bowls so flawed that seemed destined for burnout didn't, while bowls without blemishes do. Any large gathering of data on the subject shows that burnout is rare, perhaps 1/3000.

Despite that any number of us make our feelings known about buying pipes with uncoated chambers, and despite that it is our patronage that affords their living, they insist on making the decision for us.

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
The story I heard was the two were smoking their pipes and some young one was carving one and doing a poor job at it. The problem was he was also cooking breakfast and just using his free hand.

Some guy walked in and went ga ga over it and exclaimed, oh my, a custom freehand and paid him handsomely in cave people money. Thus the beginning of... well, now you know the rest of the story...LOL!!
R
This is what we are actually like! Lol!

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I
Ha! At one time, back in the days, I had a fairly respectable wine cellar.
Now, except for the holidays when we have people over, I rarely partake and have drifted away from imbibing.
Guess I enjoy good wine. I got tired of drinking my money away. Now, I get my wine from a few back hill wineries outside of sunshine summit in California. Nothing anyone would hear of. No drunken bridal parties or men getting wasted while smoking cigars and talking about @cosmicfolklore

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
If you are going to use honey, only use Doom Bloom Honey. It is salty, smokey honey that is like no other. A must-try,...either with a crumpet, biscuit, or toast...or even to coat your naked pipe bowl. Honey connoisseurs should run to try this stuff.

1618971772787.png

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
MD 2020 Orange Jubilee was the first thing I ever got drunk on. I remember it was pretty glorious, but that's about all I remember.
We drank "BullDawgs" as a teen. Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull and MD2020. It was our form of a boilermaker. Or we simply chased the MD with the Bull. I think I may have broken some cosmic law by puking purple spaghetti in a far larger quantity than I had actually eaten. The headache that followed the next day was one I still remember.