PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Indeed we did! Not that I'm a good example?. I'm from London and I'm always saying 'ave instead of have.
You 'ave gotta be kiddin'! My son and I refer to Harry Kane as 'Arry. Same with one of the Royals—(though not to his face.....)

BTW- Did you ever see some of the Mike Myers on SNL doing a slightly berserk older Scot.
"C'mon, love, give us a kiss!" As he headbutts the fellow, often his "son". (IIRC)

His tag line: "If it's not Scottish, its CRAP!"

• Haha
Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Still, it doesn't explain away the grievous wound of "shedule" or "jag-u-war", offenses which place a great stain upon a great nation."

When I bought my Tudor Pelagos watch I viewed a few Youtube videos of the watch, all were American. What tickled me was the pronunciation of 'Tudor'. Some said "too~da", some said "too~door" but none got it right as "tew~da".

Reminds me of Jay Leno talking of his prized "Boo~gady" car collection rotf

Regards,

Jay.?

Reactions: edger and jpmcwjr
Mar 1, 2014
Aluminium
Yeah, but English keyboards don't have all those glyphs. By the time I finish fishing the right ones in the Character Map the gin will have evaporated from my glass. Faster to use quotation marks and normal letters.
I would say that this is a problem unique to English speaking people, everyone should be familiar with setting up multiple languages on a keyboard, problem is I can't find an IPA layout for the keyboard on my iPad so I guess Apple thinks it's more important for people to be able to use 50 keys worth of Emoji's instead of typing phonetically.

Status
Not open for further replies.