Perique Lovers: What Are Your Favorite Blends?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
I don't think I like Perique strong/forward blends but still too new at this to know for sure. But some really enjoyable to me are Old Gowrie and HU Louisiana Broken. I can't get enough of either. I found Director's Cut enjoyable, but a little rougher to my liking but who knows what a couple years will do to it. Peterson De Luxe Navy Rolls is about perfect, but I assume not a Perique showcase blend as it's on the sweeter side.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I will second the Haddo's Delight. I also enjoy Bayou Morning both the Flake and the mixture, especially with a few years on it. The C&D XX Flake Dark is quite the Perique bomb as well. If you haven't tried the Match Victoria blend, I highly recommend it... it's got loads of that glorious, funky Perique and it's very inexpensive. I say this a lot but I was very pleasantly surprised by this one and it's my favorite blends to press if ya got a noodle press. I enjoy a lot of the other ones mentioned in this thread already but these are the blends that come to mind when I think of a big Perique hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.