Perique Lovers: What Are Your Favorite Blends?

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

banner

Search on Site

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

Recent Posts

banner

ashdigger

Preferred Member
Jul 30, 2016
St James, Viprati, Solani 633, Escudo, Old Gowrie and Hal O’ The Wynd.

Haddos is a love it or hate it. I hate it. I’ve used a similar description before but I’ll try to recreate it.

Haddos tastes like a moldy bath towel drenched in Hawaiian Tropic that’s wiped ass cracks.

Yeah, that good

PipesRock

Jan 21, 2020
Florida
I don't think I like Perique strong/forward blends but still too new at this to know for sure. But some really enjoyable to me are Old Gowrie and HU Louisiana Broken. I can't get enough of either. I found Director's Cut enjoyable, but a little rougher to my liking but who knows what a couple years will do to it. Peterson De Luxe Navy Rolls is about perfect, but I assume not a Perique showcase blend as it's on the sweeter side.

hawky454

Preferred Member
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I will second the Haddo's Delight. I also enjoy Bayou Morning both the Flake and the mixture, especially with a few years on it. The C&D XX Flake Dark is quite the Perique bomb as well. If you haven't tried the Match Victoria blend, I highly recommend it... it's got loads of that glorious, funky Perique and it's very inexpensive. I say this a lot but I was very pleasantly surprised by this one and it's my favorite blends to press if ya got a noodle press. I enjoy a lot of the other ones mentioned in this thread already but these are the blends that come to mind when I think of a big Perique hit.

banner