PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chilipalmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2017
Hey, Didi!
Keep it up! Swap your stem and puff on! I don't think you're in violation of any of the IOCPYPSF(Intergalactic One Cob Per Year Pipe Smoking Federation) rules. It would be interesting to see how you fare with a forever stem, if you choose to go that route.
I will also point out that, three months in, with almost 200 bowls under your belt, you are 25% of the way toward your ultimate goal and halfway to the halfway point. :lol: Bravo!
Cheers,
Chili

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
Great thread ! A MM Legend was the first pipe I smoked and CH was the first blend. I bought more MMs afterwards, but based on the longevity of the pipe in this thread, I probably own enough already to last the rest of my life !

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Y'all realize, this is ridiculous right? And the people on this forum are like the only 100 people on the planet who would find this interesting, right? And that we are vaguely mad, right?
But, damn . . . what fun.
Go Didi, go!
(I'd be interested to hear more about your railroad training, too.)

Reactions: vates

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Thanks for the support guys! Honestly if it weren't for you guys I wouldn't be doing it.
And yeah, all of you are crazy for following along haha.
As far as the stem, I think I will eventually change it to another mm stem. However for the first time in my cob career, the shank has swollen to the point where I couldn't get another stem into it. I tried sanding it a little, and it still wasn't enough. I'll just have to keep trying, while I chomp away at this one.

Reactions: vates

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Yup, I'm in now.
200 bowls and getting better every day! Idk if I mentioned this but I emailed the company that does forever stems wondering when they will be back taking orders. They responded with no eta, but I'll get an email when they do.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Hey, sorry for the delay.
Things are still going well with the cob. With the below zero weather, I haven't been smoking my pipe as much, only to and from work.
But I'm still a one pipe guy these days, haven't cheated yet! Lol
I'm only at 230 bowls right now.
20180121_104201.jpg

20180121_104155.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
masochist.....
" a person who has masochism, the condition in which sexual or other gratification depends on one's suffering physical pain or humiliation."
"a person who is gratified by pain, degradation, etc., that is self-imposed or imposed by others."
"a person who finds pleasure in self-denial, submissiveness, etc."
I will pray for your soul. :mrgreen:

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
It's all in the name of science right now. I miss my briar terribly, but I need to follow through, till the cob gives away.

chilipalmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2017
Hey, Didi!
Thanks for the update. Sounds like you and your cob are doing well. You're one third of the way to you goal! Keep it up! If you feel yourself slipping, remember, you're doing it for SCIENCE! :)
Cheers,
Chili

Status
Not open for further replies.