108 Fresh Brulor Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, when you're throwing the hobos off of the train, lay off hitting them so much with the sticks. It's bad enough that I get all of the bruises and scratches from the gravel and brambles along the track. The extra beatings is just overkill.
Good to see you back Didi!! More pictures... of you trying... to... smoke... one... more... corn... cob...

• Haha
Reactions: chopper

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
You don't smoke much, compared to me anyway. So that helps. Still, I can smoke cobs for a long time and they are still great.
However, I am finding lately that rotating them is even better. I have at least 10 now. They are much more forgiving than a briar, but are still noticeably better if you only smoke a bowl or two and then allow at least a day to dry out.
So, duh, huh?

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
Great corncob shows the robustness of the Cob. Just a shame the stems are poorly made. Yes I know you can get replacements but I am saying it’s the one thing that lets down MM.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
didi', I do admire your perseverance whatever your life circumstances. At least in moving, keeping track of one pipe is easier than more.
weezell, I just chewed through MM cob standard stems. With acrylic Forever stems, I stopped having to think about the stems. For me, just right.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Hey guys sorry for the long delay.

I've been trying to quit cigarettes AGAIN. And most of my nicotine has been in another form lately. I still smoke the cob, but not nearly as much as I have been. This has been more of a test of me getting sick of the cob, rather than the cob lasting for the experiment. It's still the only pipe I smoke but I'm only at 297.

• Wow

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
You DIPPIN that SHIT BOY!!! You need to get back on the program, Ya Hear!!! Just kiddin, I'm fighting the cursed nails to. Keep up the good fight Brother...

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I had my first ciggy in many months this week, smoking with a well liked coworker who is leaving soon.
Sounds like mental fatigue to me. You might need some Black Frigate in that cob to liven things up a bit! :nana:
I imagine the snuff is easier to get away with inside the choo-choo, so I do understand.
jay-roger.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
didi',you may not be losing your resolve, but I may be losing mine, for you. I'd rather have you bail out on the cob than surrender to nails. If you are determined to stick with it, maybe some Five Brothers or C&D Big 'n Burley would supply enough vitamin N to get you past the ciggies. You've done nobly, whatever you decide.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Yea, change the tobacco your smoking. I think it's a miracle that you've smoked Charter Hall for almost a year straight. Geez, that's more of an accomplishment than "One Cob for One Year". I knew the cob would last, it's wether or not you'd last smoking Card "Bored" shavings...hmm..hmmm sorry "Charter Hall". 8O

Dec 28, 2015
It’s sounds to me like you have taken away the things I assume we all smoke a pipe for in the first place; relaxation and enjoyment. Somehow you have managed to turn smoking your favorite pipe and tobacco into a chore. I just hope the affect is not irreversible. Or then again I may be interpreting this all wrong. At any rate best of luck to you.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Hey guys, here it is. Bowl 300, and it will be the last one of this experiment. I was starting to not enjoy the experience any more. This turned out more of a thread about if I can handle it, rather than if the cob can handle it. It still looks damn near New.
I'm disappointed I didn't make it a full year. 9 days left and it would have been a full year.
I was hoping for many more bowls out of this experiment, but life changed drastically, and so did my smoking.
IMG_20180908_161325.jpg

MVIMG_20180908_162755.jpg

IMG_20180908_162719.jpg

And my 301st bowl...
IMG_20180908_170352.jpg

Wow did that briar taste good. How I've missed it.
Now I think, to celebrate, I think I buy a new briar pipe, and try the experiment again!
Look for a new thread soon pertaining to such!
Thanks for all the support gentleman, it's been fun.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
That cob's braggin' to all his friends, "I smoked the same carbon based biped for a year..."
Nice to see you.
jay-roger.jpg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Haha thanks guys!
And that is correct, smoking is not "allowed" on the train...
But since "I don't smoke on the train",
And I'm getting more comfortable with my job, we spend a lot of time waiting, and watching other trains go by, standing outside. So I think I'll be bringing it with me for those times.

Status
Not open for further replies.