PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
So, if I'm understanding the OP, the Danes should be punished for catering to their target audience? Further, people who enjoy eros need to be 'taste educated?" So, do what? Send them to camps to learn what should be properly smoked? Who will we select to tell us what to smoke in our pipes? We already have people telling us where we can and cannot smoke. I suppose I'm missing his point.

Grass fed beef? AQma

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I have always gone by user surveys personally... rotf and uh.. age don't matter anymore, they got pills for that.

I've tried stuffing those pills in my wife's salads. Hasn't made much of a difference to date other than she complains of joint stiffness. On my side, if she is willing, I'm able to "rise to the occasion" when called upon. Like many other things in life as I've aged, my give a f&%$ index simply isn't what it once was. Literally and figuratively. Why bother when I can get so much satisfaction from a good bowl of tobacco with no bitching and no requests for cuddling.

Artisanal and quality are opposites. Art eschews the concept of standards and criteria and aims at a subjectively pleasing (usually) aesthetic. Quality is based on meeting specific or categorical criteria.
As the song goes, "the stone that the builder refused, will always be the head corner stone." What the commercial folks reject, the artists turn into gold? So to speak?

Reactions: rajangan

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
Where in the US can you buy grass-fed beef? Is that a niche market? Why?
Ummm...I get grass fed beef at the grocery store, or from my family ranch, or from my friend's ranch. I also get grass fed bison. It's pretty difficult to not be able to find grass fed beef in Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, or the Dakotas.

This is a weird thread, right from the get-go.

I've tried stuffing those pills in my wife's salads. Hasn't made much of a difference to date other than she complains of joint stiffness. On my side, if she is willing, I'm able to "rise to the occasion" when called upon. Like many other things in life as I've aged, my give a f&%$ index simply isn't what it once was. Literally and figuratively. Why bother when I can get so much satisfaction from a good bowl of tobacco with no bitching and no requests for cuddling.
I can play the game, but I just play it longer and more furiously. When I was younger, and all of the girls secretly were in awe of the older men... you'll figure this out one day, lads.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I'm tired of my wife's jokes: "You call that a tamper?"

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
So, if I'm understanding the OP, the Danes should be punished for catering to their target audience? Further, people who enjoy eros need to be 'taste educated?" So, do what? Send them to camps to learn what should be properly smoked? Who will we select to tell us what to smoke in our pipes? We already have people telling us where we can and cannot smoke. I suppose I'm missing his point.

Grass fed beef? AQma

A friend of mine who lives in the US paid me a visit a long time ago when I was still living in Spain. When he was hungry he told me we could just pop in McDonald's and get something to eat. Instead, I proposed to go somewhere else and try Madrilian cuisine, but he refused to eat anything. I gave him the chance to eat pig hands, liver, and tripe amongst others, but he point-blank refused to eat any of those things saying it was disgusting. What surprises me though is that he was happy enough to eat McDonald's crap, but refused to eat all the quality stuff I put on the table based on the idea he never had it before and offal was disgusting. OK, I said, if you want to stick to your guns suit yourself.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I can play the game, but I just play it longer and more furiously. When I was younger, and all of the girls secretly were in awe of the older men... you'll figure this out one day, lads.

I'm with you. Lasting a minute instead of 5 seconds is a game changer. Furiously? I've never gotten angry about it but leaving my wife "out in the cold" can tend to piss her off a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS and edger

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
A friend of mine who lives in the US paid me a visit a long time ago when I was still living in Spain. When he was hungry he told me we could just pop in McDonald's and get something to eat. Instead, I proposed to go somewhere else and try Madrilian cuisine, but he refused to eat anything. I gave him the chance to eat pig hands, liver, and tripe amongst others, but he point-blank refused to eat any of those things saying it was disgusting. What surprises me though is that he was happy enough to eat McDonald's crap, but refused to eat all the quality stuff I put on the table based on the idea he never had it before and offal was disgusting. OK, I said, if you want to stick to your guns suit yourself.
The ugly American personified!

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
Your friend sounds like he has poor taste and suffers from a lack of culinary adventure. Offal is generally wonder-offal! (See what I did there...I made that into a pun)

Status
Not open for further replies.