PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Heck of a game tonight. I've been listening to most of the game on XM radio, the Lightening feed. Phil Esposito was NOT happy with the officiating. But the Lightening just scored with six men on the ice (missed...)

Reactions: Servant King

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Missed goaltender interference call...check.
Missed holding-the-stick call...check.
Missed too many men call...check.

Yep, sounds like a normal, run-of-the-mill NHL ref game to me!

Almost makes me long for the keen officiating of Dan Marouelli. Almost. (insert disappointingly non-existent suicide emoticon here)

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
2nd period decided this game. Patches hit the post on a quasi-breakaway...then Martinez had basically the same look he had when he clinched the Kings' 2014 cup...just missed the corner of net Price gave him. Then there's Fleury's botched poke-check on the GWG...these are the little things that make the difference in a tight playoff game. Vegas better get some rest, tighten things up, and take Game 3, or else I might end up like Nicholas Cage's character in Leaving Las Vegas (but I'd use better quality vodka ?).

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Well, we deserved to lose that game. Shooting a puck from Pluto on Price isn’t exactly a smart move.
Total bummer. Looked like they were going to steal the win there. Better rebound real good in Game 4. Watch, Fleury will look like the second coming of Ken Dryden and post like a 58 save shutout or something crazy like that. I also think he should wear this jersey, as a gag:

jersey.jpg
Here's to hoping he can "catch fire" in Game 4!

Apipeinthewoods

Might Stick Around
Jan 24, 2020
Dublin, Ireland
WOW, hell of a finish tonight. Hell of a save by Pollack in front of an empty net. A warm evening here in Maryland, too nice to watch TV inside. I watched the game out on the patio on the laptop.

View attachment 85252
That was something else! This year's playoffs are doing wonders for mental health during a pandemic. Absolutely fantastic so far.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
Missed goaltender interference call...check.
Missed holding-the-stick call...check.
Missed too many men call...check.

Yep, sounds like a normal, run-of-the-mill NHL ref game to me!

Almost makes me long for the keen officiating of Dan Marouelli. Almost. (insert disappointingly non-existent suicide emoticon here)
We need Kerry Frasier back!

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.