PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The Lightning put an absolute Ass whooping on the Islanders. Good thing there’s a few more games. Wow
Yeah, that was a beat down. Why in football, when it is a shellacking, the players just laugh together and gut it out till the end. In hockey, it's tradition for the losing team to start taking cheap shots. I guess hockey just don't have a 5th line of scrubs to put in like NFL teams.

Reactions: ashdigger

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
DeBoer needs to light a fire under some asses, post haste. It would be nice if they could somehow pull off two more victories. I mean, their logo is a gigantic capital V, right?

If Montreal gets to the final, I'm going to be the biggest Tampa Bay Lightning fan ever seen on Earth.

• Love
Reactions: ashdigger

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Islanders extend the life of Nassau Coliseum for at least a couple days longer. Triumphant victory in front of the home fans, certainly wiped the collective memory clear of the drubbing they received in the previous game. Kucherov's injury is a big factor now--Islanders are pumped, and confident they can pull off the series on the road. I can only hope Vegas will follow their example.

Speaking of the Islanders...RIP Tom Kurvers. I remember him vaguely from their magical '93 run (the last time before this year that they made it this far in the postseason, in fact). Paired well with Darius Kasparaitis, which as a kid, always sounded like a really bad disease. Forget C0vid, I have Kasparaitis! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Vegas lost to Montreal. Congratulations to Montreal.

I’m not taking anything away from them, but Vegas beat the Avalanche and then forgot they had another opponent.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I'm seriously having nightmares again. It's like I'm eight years old all over again. And they keep winning in OT, just like in '93! I'm hoping for a miracle by whichever one of these east coast teams triumphs.

Question for everyone: how much are the Leafs to blame for this?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Seattle only has one Stanley Cub. It's been a hundred years or so since they even made an appearance. At least the Leafs, my favorite team, didn't wait quite that long to magically reappear.
The first Stanley Cup ever won by an American team!

Excited to see the Seattle Kraken make their debut this fall. Interesting partnership with BBNC. Wonder what that’s all about.

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
No problem whatsoever with Montreal winning. It’s probably embarrassing to the team, though. I really just wanted to see Vegas beat Colorado. The hockey isn’t going to get any better than that series the rest of this postseason.

Nothing against the Canadiens, but the Isles or Lightning must win at all costs for the lolz to continue of Canadian teams not winning the Cup.

Let’s see if my Ducks end up with Eichel.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Listening to pre-grame on XM last night, I didn't realize that prior to the 2000, the Canadians won the Stanley Cup every seven years, so it was generational. Did they burn the city down last night?

• Haha

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
No problem whatsoever with Montreal winning. It’s probably embarrassing to the team, though. I really just wanted to see Vegas beat Colorado. The hockey isn’t going to get any better than that series the rest of this postseason.

Nothing against the Canadiens, but the Isles or Lightning must win at all costs for the lolz to continue of Canadian teams not winning the Cup.

Let’s see if my Ducks end up with Eichel.
After the no show by Vegas I think their GM and Owner will go into Buy and Sell panic mode.

Vegas killed itself by trying to sell a Hall of Fame goalie while buying a starter. Then got stuck with two starters and handled the communication to the fans poorly.

Vegas really needs a top center, although when only one of your top six (Karlsson) shows up that isn’t exactly a recipe for success.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Listening to pre-grame on XM last night, I didn't realize that prior to the 2000, the Canadians won the Stanley Cup every seven years, so it was generational. Did they burn the city down last night?
Another interesting tidbit about the three remaining teams...the '93 Canadiens' Wales Conference (pre-Western/Eastern Conference renaming) opponent? The Islanders. That was also the most recent time the Isles made it past the 2nd round, before this year. '93 was also Tampa Bay's inaugural season. My point? This is all beginning to feel like a Twilight Zone episode... ?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Another interesting tidbit about the three remaining teams...the '93 Canadiens' Wales Conference (pre-Western/Eastern Conference renaming) opponent? The Islanders. That was also the most recent time the Isles made it past the 2nd round, before this year. '93 was also Tampa Bay's inaugural season. My point? This is all beginning to feel like a Twilight Zone episode... ?
Didn’t the isles make the conference finals last year as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.