PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Didn’t the isles make the conference finals last year as well?
Oh, you mean that time that all those NHL teams skated around on Edmonton's rink for a couple months? :ROFLMAO:

Yes, you're right, they made the CF last year. First CF in front of the Nassau Coliseum fans in 28 years; I should've been more accurate there. I blame the Sutliff aros; how can I concentrate on ANYTHING beyond keeping these damn blends lit?!? :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: alaskanpiper

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Bad time to allow your first SH goal of the season. Great game, some fantastic saves by both goalies. Went almost 20 years without seeing a repeat champion, 'til the Pens came through a few years back. Hoping to see TB do the same. They've come a long way since those games at Expo Hall.

Reactions: Rockyrepose

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We were in restaurant for the game start, I went into the bathroom and missed the SH goal....

Back home, I watched P3 and OT out on the patio via laptop, it was too nice to sit inside.

20210625_222116.jpg

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Which begs the question, do we care what they think?

No.

Carry on.
Oh. We’re here. Just tough tough to make it through 28 hand wringing pages about “oooh that was such a nasty hit”
I missed the switch to sensitive hockey.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Oh. We’re here. Just tough tough to make it through 28 hand wringing pages about “oooh that was such a nasty hit”
I missed the switch to sensitive hockey.
You, me and Tom Wilson.

Looks like a ChampaBay beatdown tonight. Well, we had some good series to this point, all good things must come to an end. But hey, there's still a bunch of boring, no passing F1 races to finish the summer.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Cue the Python scenes!

As to F-1 I have a solution. The race stewards will have a cut out switch for each car. As soon as Verstappen or Hamilton lead more than two laps, they'll reduce power 20% and we will all enjoy watching some passing.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
The NHL should've had the Lightning just play an inter-squad scrimmage for the Cup. If they can take care of business in Game 4, this will be the first Finals sweep since the Wings swept the Caps in '98 (a year after sweeping Lindros and his Flyers in the Finals).

TB's 3rd goal perfectly exemplifies why the 2nd period is my favorite, along with odd-numbered overtime periods: I love the rush that develops when a team is trying to get fresh legs on the ice with that long change. One perfectly placed clearing pass is all it takes. Well...that and a great goalie to withstand the inevitable pushback from the other team.

Price looked like the second coming of Roman Cechmanek out there, definitely not his best performance tonight. I hope his 5-hole in Game 4 will be wide enough to accommodate a beach ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.