PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I started listening to the Blue Jackets/Lightening in the car, on the way home from work, thru dinner (on tv for a while). Back on the radio (XM Hockey) in the MGB, to my father in laws to pack stuff up in the garage. Finished packing back in the car and the game wraps on the way home. On the way home, my wife says, how many games are you going to listen to? And, "can we listen to music?". Answer - 1 and no. I'm exhausted just from listening.

Reactions: brandaves

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I started listening to the Blue Jackets/Lightening in the car, on the way home from work, thru dinner (on tv for a while). Back on the radio (XM Hockey) in the MGB, to my father in laws to pack stuff up in the garage. Finished packing back in the car and the game wraps on the way home. On the way home, my wife says, how many games are you going to listen to? And, "can we listen to music?". Answer - 1 and no. I'm exhausted just from listening.
Haha yeah I ate 3 meals during that game. My wife asked the same question, “How much hockey are you going to watch today!?!?!?”

One game, apparently, hahaha.

• Haha

brandaves

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2020
Kentucky
Yea that Lightening and Blue Jackets game was absolutely insane. I started watching at the beginning of the game. I had some things to do so had to stop watching at the end of the 2nd period. I flipped my NHL TV app on and saw it was still live? I said that can't be right. Clicked on the game and the 4th OT came, "HOLY CRAP!" Those guys were so freakin' gassed, you could see it on everyone's face. No one wanted to lose that one.

Happy to see my Canucks carried their level of play to the first round in game one...gotta keep it up against the returning champs.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well, it looks like I won't have any new Stanley Cup gear cluttering up my t-shirt drawers. Caps do not look like they have it together. Backstrom being out not a help, but Holtby does not look good. And our supposed goalie of the future, Samsonov, had an ATV wreck just before the playoffs and was basically kicked to the curb due to the nature of his injuries.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Well, it looks like I won't have any new Stanley Cup gear cluttering up my t-shirt drawers. Caps do not look like they have it together. Backstrom being out not a help, but Holtby does not look good. And our supposed goalie of the future, Samsonov, had an ATV wreck just before the playoffs and was basically kicked to the curb due to the nature of his injuries.
If I recall correctly, the Caps were down 2 games to 0 on home ice in the first round the year they won the cup. In fact I think they trailed at least once in all 4 series. Gotta keep hope alive!

That being said I hope they get swept immediately.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
If I recall correctly, the Caps were down 2 games to 0 on home ice in the first round the year they won the cup. In fact I think they trailed at least once in all 4 series. Gotta keep hope alive!

That being said I hope they get swept immediately.
You are correct, but their play this year, just doesn't look like they are in the game.

brandaves

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2020
Kentucky
My Canucks have saved their best hockey for the playoffs. Horvat is leading goals, Hughes leads all defensemen in points, we have seven players trending at a point a game or better and Markstrom while not as sharp as he has been is winning...exciting hockey and happy to see my young team bringing their best game to the Playoffs!

brandaves

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2020
Kentucky
Rask just bailed on the Bruins. I thought his press conferences sounded pretty non-committal. No clue who their back-up is.
Halak is the backup. Watching the game now and I was wondering why Halak got the start over Rask. I looked up the story and he cited family as his reasoning, there may be an issue he is attending to.

I feel bad for Rask if he has stuff going on but I can't stand the Bruins so all the better...

Reactions: jpmcwjr

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Well, as disappointing as it was to watch the Penguins early exit, it was equally pleasurable to watch the Crapitals underperform (as usual) in the playoffs and get utterly dominated by a lower seeded team (as usual).

Gotta wonder when Washington is going to finally realize it’s time to move on from Alexander Ovechkin’s perpetual failed leadership during crunch time.

Happy to see them out, as now I can watch the remainder of the playoffs completely impartially instead if having to constantly root for whoever is playing the Caps. ?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well, as disappointing as it was to watch the Penguins early exit, it was equally pleasurable to watch the Crapitals underperform (as usual) in the playoffs and get utterly dominated by a lower seeded team (as usual).

Gotta wonder when Washington is going to finally realize it’s time to move on from Alexander Ovechkin’s perpetual failed leadership during crunch time.

Happy to see them out, as now I can watch the remainder of the playoffs completely impartially instead if having to constantly root for whoever is playing the Caps. ?
That was painful to watch last night. Kind of wish we had gotten swept versus that kind of performance. Not sure if it was Ovechkin or Reardin. Trots was clearly the better coach, not sure why we ever let him slip away. Hey, who has time for August hockey anyway?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
That was painful to watch last night. Kind of wish we had gotten swept versus that kind of performance. Not sure if it was Ovechkin or Reardin. Trots was clearly the better coach, not sure why we ever let him slip away. Hey, who has time for August hockey anyway?

Yeah, letting Trotz go was a HUGE mistake. Can’t imagine how that happened but I’m not an NHL GM, so who am I to talk.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Except that they won a Stanley Cup with him a few years ago. But I see your point.
In 2018 they had a GREAT leader behind the bench to make up for it. Then they let him go, and poof, the caps suck in the playoffs again.

With as much talent as Ovechkin has they should have 3 cups by now. While he is impossible not to respect for his talent, he is very hard to respect as a person and a team player.

Status
Not open for further replies.