PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
My beloved Blues won last year, and we're poised to go far when the season was called in March.

If the stoppage was less than 2 months, I would be more in favor of this tournament format. As it is now, however the 2020 cup could be awarded days before the 2021 season would normally start.

I miss hockey and normalcy as much as the next guy, but I don't know how much attention I'm gonna pay to this asterisk playoffs. I think I'd rather have seen a cancelled season (precedent 1918) and a normal next year

Reactions: jpmcwjr

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
2-1 Hawks after 1 in a penalty filled last 10.

Whodathunk Montreal would be up in their series?
Me!!!! We often choke when we are “the favorite.” They have serious momentum problems, always swinging from way hot to way not. It plagued us for 8 years after the 2009 cup, underperforming in the playoffs, and it has again since the back to back cups in 16/17.

Hopefully they can snap out of it and stop getting complacent after a couple goals.

Also. This is the playoffs. Anything can happen anytime regardless of seeding. Everything becomes instantly equal. Look at last year for god sake. That was the ultimate bracket buster of a playoffs!!!!

Regardless, no matter what happens I’ve had the privilege of watching my team win 5 cups, all in my lifetime. Pretty much can’t ever complain after that, haha. Although my blood pressure seems to forget that during every single second of every single playoff game ever. ?

Reactions: brandaves

brandaves

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2020
Kentucky
Me!!!! We often choke when we are “the favorite.” They have serious momentum problems, always swinging from way hot to way not. It plagued us for 8 years after the 2009 cup, underperforming in the playoffs, and it has again since the back to back cups in 16/17.

Hopefully they can snap out of it and stop getting complacent after a couple goals.

Also. This is the playoffs. Anything can happen anytime regardless of seeding. Everything becomes instantly equal. Look at last year for god sake. That was the ultimate bracket buster of a playoffs!!!!

Regardless, no matter what happens I’ve had the privilege of watching my team win 5 cups, all in my lifetime. Pretty much can’t ever complain after that, haha. Although my blood pressure seems to forget that during every single second of every single playoff game ever. ?
My team is the only Canadian team to never win a cup. We are young but happy to see my guys get a win and some Playoff experience. If the Canucks play like they did last game for the rest of the series then we'll move on. Markstrom has to stay sharp and the boys need to maintain their intensity. Happy with their bounce back after game one, game three this afternoon!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
My team is the only Canadian team to never win a cup. We are young but happy to see my guys get a win and some Playoff experience. If the Canucks play like they did last game for the rest of the series then we'll move on. Markstrom has to stay sharp and the boys need to maintain their intensity. Happy with their bounce back after game one, game three this afternoon!

I really thought they were gonna do it against Boston in 2011. That was disappointing because I can't stand the Bruins. Actually, it's not really that I don't like the Bruins, it's just that I don't like Brad Marchand. He represents everything that is wrong with the game of hockey. And he is just gross. On the flip side, I have tremendous respect for the likes of Patrice Bergeron.

Anyway, even though you seem to delight in the struggles of my beloved penguins, I would really love to see the Canucks do well in the playoffs. They were a lot of fun to watch during their good years and have tremendous history with the likes of Pavel Bure, the Sedins, etc. Those fans deserve one. As long as they can keep it together if they lose again, hahaha. I think the world has had enough rioting for one year.

Reactions: brandaves

brandaves

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2020
Kentucky
I really thought they were gonna do it against Boston in 2011. That was disappointing because I can't stand the Bruins. Actually, it's not really that I don't like the Bruins, it's just that I don't like Brad Marchand. He represents everything that is wrong with the game of hockey. And he is just gross. On the flip side, I have tremendous respect for the likes of Patrice Bergeron.

Anyway, even though you seem to delight in the struggles of my beloved penguins, I would really love to see the Canucks do well in the playoffs. They were a lot of fun to watch during their good years and have tremendous history with the likes of Pavel Bure, the Sedins, etc. Those fans deserve one. As long as they can keep it together if they lose again, hahaha. I think the world has had enough rioting for one year.
First the Pens. I have a good friend who is a die hard Pens fan and we go back and forth. Sydney Crosby is so good (prior to Connor McDavid the best for years) but he whines and crys every time he gets touched. That wouldn't bother me if he didn't whine and complain when he gets caught slashing someone's hands or whatever. The other part is the dynasty part of it. They've been good for a long time and I'm an underdog guy...I really enjoyed seeing the Blues beat the Bruins last year.

Totally agree about Marchand and Bergeron. I've hated Boston sports for a long time...well 9 years now I guess ?. Since 2011 when we had THE team that took it 7 games and couldn't get it done. That hate extended to football because it was like rooting for the Yankees. Boston is such a bandwagon fan base in general. The vast majority of their fans haven't even been to Boston and just latched onto a winner.

I'm a Seattle sports fan and have been for a long time. Until the Seahawks won I'd never experienced one of my teams winning it all. A fan base that considers anything less then a championship a failure is a spoiled fan base. Struggle with a team for decades and you learn to celebrate them and stand by them no matter what. My Mariners are just awful, but I buy the MLB package every year and root them on. My Canucks hadn't made the playoffs in what? like 5 or 6 seasons? I watched and rooted loyally. Fairweather fandom isn't my thing. The emergence of the Kraken in Seattle has made it difficult for me but ultimately I will remain a Canucks fan. I love my team and it's fun watching them finally get better and compete. Now up 2 games to 1 on the Wild. I hope they can get it done tomorrow night!

Reactions: jpmcwjr

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
First the Pens. I have a good friend who is a die hard Pens fan and we go back and forth. Sydney Crosby is so good (prior to Connor McDavid the best for years) but he whines and crys every time he gets touched. That wouldn't bother me if he didn't whine and complain when he gets caught slashing someone's hands or whatever. The other part is the dynasty part of it. They've been good for a long time and I'm an underdog guy...I really enjoyed seeing the Blues beat the Bruins last year.

Totally agree about Marchand and Bergeron. I've hated Boston sports for a long time...well 9 years now I guess ?. Since 2011 when we had THE team that took it 7 games and couldn't get it done. That hate extended to football because it was like rooting for the Yankees. Boston is such a bandwagon fan base in general. The vast majority of their fans haven't even been to Boston and just latched onto a winner.

I'm a Seattle sports fan and have been for a long time. Until the Seahawks won I'd never experienced one of my teams winning it all. A fan base that considers anything less then a championship a failure is a spoiled fan base. Struggle with a team for decades and you learn to celebrate them and stand by them no matter what. My Mariners are just awful, but I buy the MLB package every year and root them on. My Canucks hadn't made the playoffs in what? like 5 or 6 seasons? I watched and rooted loyally. Fairweather fandom isn't my thing. The emergence of the Kraken in Seattle has made it difficult for me but ultimately I will remain a Canucks fan. I love my team and it's fun watching them finally get better and compete. Now up 2 games to 1 on the Wild. I hope they can get it done tomorrow night!

Yeah, that's the typical flawed logic we always hear when it comes to Crosby. He doesn't whine or bitch any more than any other player, people just couldn't find anything to hate him for so they came up with that and for whatever reason it stuck. In fact, if you watch clips of the camera following him when he doesn't have the puck, he gets hacked and whacked more than any other player in the league and often doesn't bat an eyelash, as he is used to it by now. The talking heads actually did a bit on it yesterday with some crazy footage of him getting slashed and poked, wondering if McDavid is going to start getting "The Crosby Treatment." They had several minutes of video just from this years games, hahaha. But he keeps on skating.

Totally understand the dynasty part, I am the same way when I'm impartial, always rooting for the underdog. And really, that is the REAL reason most people "hate" the penguins and/or Crosby. I hate every team that knocks us out of the playoffs for a good year or so. And the Pens have knocked an awful lot of teams out of the playoffs ?

Especially amazing when I hear that crosby gripe from Capitals fans, who have a captain that is one of the most arrogant, selfish hockey players to ever skate in the NHL, acts like a total jackass on and off the ice, worships a dictator with a horrifying human rights record, and until a couple years ago provided absolute garbage for playoff leadership or resilience. And they'll bitch about Crosby because he gripes at the officials like every other player in the league. Nevermind that he is ultra-talented, a proven leader, and a genuinely good person on and off the ice. He whines, so SCREW HIM!!! Hahaha. Laughable.

Coincidentally, I am also a lifelong Seahawks fan, being born and raised in Alaska by parents from Washington State (also did my undergrad at WSU), so we share that lifelong battle with sucking ass that finally ended after 30 years.

brandaves

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2020
Kentucky
Yeah, that's the typical flawed logic we always hear when it comes to Crosby. He doesn't whine or bitch any more than any other player, people just couldn't find anything to hate him for so they came up with that and for whatever reason it stuck. In fact, if you watch clips of the camera following him when he doesn't have the puck, he gets hacked and whacked more than any other player in the league and often doesn't bat an eyelash, as he is used to it by now. The talking heads actually did a bit on it yesterday with some crazy footage of him getting slashed and poked, wondering if McDavid is going to start getting "The Crosby Treatment." They had several minutes of video just from this years games, hahaha. But he keeps on skating.

Totally understand the dynasty part, I am the same way when I'm impartial, always rooting for the underdog. And really, that is the REAL reason most people "hate" the penguins and/or Crosby. I hate every team that knocks us out of the playoffs for a good year or so. And the Pens have knocked an awful lot of teams out of the playoffs ?

Especially amazing when I hear that crosby gripe from Capitals fans, who have a captain that is one of the most arrogant, selfish hockey players to ever skate in the NHL, acts like a total jackass on and off the ice, worships a dictator with a horrifying human rights record, and until a couple years ago provided absolute garbage for playoff leadership or resilience. And they'll bitch about Crosby because he gripes at the officials like every other player in the league. Nevermind that he is ultra-talented, a proven leader, and a genuinely good person on and off the ice. He whines, so SCREW HIM!!! Hahaha. Laughable.

Coincidentally, I am also a lifelong Seahawks fan, being born and raised in Alaska by parents from Washington State (also did my undergrad at WSU), so we share that lifelong battle with sucking ass that finally ended after 30 years.
I don't buy that Crosby whining is a perception...but I will concede he has gotten better over the years. He has gotten more attention over the years due to his amazing talent. The hand slash call wasn't typically a penalty until he came into the league. His hands were constantly being whacked...and the crying ensued ? and now it's a surefire penalty to hit the gloves. As it should be.

I went to WWU in Bellingham for undergrad and spent a lot of time at WSU as I had friends there and at University of Idaho. A lot of good times there.

brandaves

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2020
Kentucky
Talbot in that Calgary and Winnipeg clincher...geez he made some saves. Winnipeg couldn't buy a goal. No puck luck no nothing.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Ah, man is it good to have Hockey Playoff hate back! It is so fun to hate the Penguins and watch them lose to the bottom seed. Never you mind that the Caps can't seem to win a Round Robin game. I'm sure we'll turn it on soon...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-07 Pittsburgh Penguins vs Montréal Canadiens – HD Live NBA streams, NFL str...png
    Screenshot_2020-08-07 Pittsburgh Penguins vs Montréal Canadiens – HD Live NBA streams, NFL str...png
    803.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2020-08-07 Pittsburgh Penguins vs Montréal Canadiens – HD Live NBA streams, NFL str...png
    Screenshot_2020-08-07 Pittsburgh Penguins vs Montréal Canadiens – HD Live NBA streams, NFL str...png
    753.8 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.