PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I've been waiting for Oilers playoff hockey for ages, and despite what anyone says, this counts.

oilers-1.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I heard this on radio sports news. It is perhaps because Canada has been effective in tamping down the pandemic so their testing of teams comes back negative. Not like the U.S. major league baseball season. Basketball is planned to be played without fans, in a bubble. Hope that works.

Reactions: bnichols23

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Hopefully they at least require plastic facemasks (which really they should anyway). Baseball and football couldn’t even get through camp without outbreaks.

I love hockey to death and am excited to see it return, but I sure hope they can make it happen for the long haul.

Reactions: seanv

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
That Rangers-Canes game was intense early on. Heavy hits, hits on people without the puck, and a fight within five minutes. This is what separates hockey from the other sports.

Reactions: seanv

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Rooting for the Caps, looked good in the exhibition vs the Canes. But, Carlson went out, tentative tomorrow for Game 1. We need that star for sure.

Canes game was great!

And, Montreal beats Pittsburgh, didn't see that coming (in OT). I always root against the hated Pens, but don't count them out ever.

brandaves

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2020
Kentucky
Well that was a disappointing start, and the Flames won!
I'm a Canucks fan and the Oilers getting Shellacked was the best part of my night...and the Pens Losing in OT.

Bummed the Flames put it on the Jets so badly. Excited for my guys to take the ice tonight!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I'm a Canucks fan and the Oilers getting Shellacked was the best part of my night...and the Pens Losing in OT.

Bummed the Flames put it on the Jets so badly. Excited for my guys to take the ice tonight!
Being a canucks fan it makes sense you would have to live vicariously through the success/failure of other teams :ROFLMAO:

You can borrow one of Pittsburgh’s 5 cups for a couple days if you want, just so Vancouver can find out what it feels like to have one...

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Rooting for the Caps, looked good in the exhibition vs the Canes. But, Carlson went out, tentative tomorrow for Game 1. We need that star for sure.

Canes game was great!

And, Montreal beats Pittsburgh, didn't see that coming (in OT). I always root against the hated Pens, but don't count them out ever.
Being a pens fan I always rooted against the Caps too, however after dominating them for like a decade straight in the playoffs I was actually happy to see the caps finally win one a couple years ago. A lot of talent on that team that deserved it, including a few former pens.

I know what it feels like to be perpetually on the losing end of those rivalries for so long so it wasn’t so bad to see them get off the schneid. But they got their cup, so I am once again hoping they go down in flames immediately?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I would expect no less of any Pens fan. Yeah, Hagelin is still hard see, but I got used to Orpik real fast!

A pipe friend, Capitals fan and major Redskins fan has finally given up on the Skins and switched allegiance to the Steelers. I told him I think there was some kind of rule against that.

Being a pens fan ............... But they got their cup, so I am once again hoping they go down in flames immediately?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I would expect no less of any Pens fan. Yeah, Hagelin is still hard see, but I got used to Orpik real fast!

A pipe friend, Capitals fan and major Redskins fan has finally given up on the Skins and switched allegiance to the Steelers. I told him I think there was some kind of rule against that.
Yeah I was sad to see both of them go. Hagelin has amazing speed and was part of a great line. And Orpik was a staple on the blue line for ages.

What? You can’t give up! You have to embrace the suck! Otherwise you wouldn’t truly appreciate the good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.