PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamike

Might Stick Around
Jun 2, 2013
Blue Ridge Mountains
Hello all. Began smoking a pipe about a month ago. Lots to learn. Trying to completely quit cigs and focus on pipes. Purchased my first store bought briar last week.

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Hello everyone. Having trouble navigating this thread. Hope to get some responses and see if I can make "contact." I am a retired school teacher from rural Virginia whose passions include piping (of course), baseball, reading, and the Blues. Also enjoy time spent fishing. Been smoking for 40 years or so and enjoy my Briars each and every day.

No one seems to mention Butz Choquin pipes and I have two which provide an exceptional smoke.
6/3/13

mozmozley

Lurker
Jun 6, 2013
hey it's mo from Tucson, Arizona. just started smoking a pipe in December and fully enjoy it. hope everyone is enjoying the start of summer.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
Hello Gentlemen and Ladies,
My name is Andrew, and my username is the reverse of that spelling. I share my time between my home in Vermont, and my other home in Amagansett, Long Island. I'm a retired computer programmer, and my wife and I have three grown children, two of which have followed in my footsteps in career. I worked for a university here in the northeast, and truly loved my job.
I've been a pipe smoker for fifty years, since I was seventeen years old. I still have my first pipe, a Medico, and smoke it occasionally still. I've been browsing the forums for a month or more, and I never knew there was such interest in pipe tobaccos. I always smoked OTCs and still enjoy them, but from what I've learned here, I'm trying many other blends and looking forward to tasting new flavors. Thanks so much for such an interesting website. I look forward to chatting with you and learning more and more.
Andrew (werdna)

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Andrew: Welcome aboard. I too, am a new member and have smoked a pipe since I was 19. Have smoked OTC's for many a year and liked them more or less. Yes, there seems to be a tremendous interest in the wide world of tobaccos and now and then I have branched out to try some. Good idea I think. Retirement is terrific. More time to smoke and "surf" the internet. Two homes, WOW! I'm thrilled to have the one and meet the monthly mortgage. Best wishes.

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Andrew: Welcome aboard. I too, am a new member and have smoked a pipe since I was 19. Have smoked OTC's for many a year and liked them more or less. Yes, there seems to be a tremendous interest in the wide world of tobaccos and now and then I have branched out to try some. Good idea I think. Retirement is terrific. More time to smoke and "surf" the internet. Two homes, WOW! I'm thrilled to have the one and meet the monthly mortgage. Best wishes.

montanajohn

Lurker
Jun 7, 2013
Hello all,
Glad to be here. Hell, I'm glad to be anywhere. I'm a Montana native with a home in Colorado and a current physical presence in Bagram, Afghanistan. It's windy here this time of year, so as a new pipe smoker I'm struggling to keep them lit. I've just ordered a nice looking Nording Freehand and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. I look forward to learning from you all and sharing ideas. Thanks.

John

msutton

Lurker
Jun 6, 2013
Memphis, TN
Hello, Everyone. My name is Mike, and I've been smoking pipes for about six months. Of course, I've been bitten by the bug in a bad way. I've already "collected" sixteen pipes and tried probably twice as many blends. I've been a lurker around here for several months, reading and learning. I appreciate the sense of community and hope that I can be a contributor at some point.

nbailey

Lurker
Jun 8, 2013
Hey, just started smoking pipes last week, absolutely love it! So far the only tobacco I've had was Blenders Choice Burley & Black, but since I'm used to cigarettes, this tastes pretty good. Well, I look forward to learning and talking.

mrreeve

Lurker
Jun 10, 2013
Hi I got my first tobacco pipe 4 days ago and just had "IT" the golden bowl everything was good the pack my draw and the view love it I made a good choice 4 days ago, I will have this cheap £10 pipe engraved with the date n time and keep it for all time

hambone

Lurker
Jun 6, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Howdy ya'll for Fort Worth Texas. Been lurking for awhile and thought I stop and say howdy. I'm a long time pipe smoker, belong to a couple pipe forums. Find this site via my iphone and just happened to do a random search in itunes for pipes and found the pod cast. Down loaded them all and currently on #15. Going to be checking out the forums for time to time and search the site for info.

Scriptonic

(scripto)
Jun 12, 2013
Hey guys! Scripto here aka William. Not Willy thats my dad and not Will thats my grandpa :) 27 year old, chef as a career. I've new to pipe smoking but not smoking in general. From 18-22 cigs 22-present cigars. :)

Jun 12, 2013
greetings from the UK.... bought my 1st pipe this week and started breaking it and myself in right away....
looking forward to learning and sharing....
cheers

setherd

Lurker
May 9, 2013
Checking in from St. Petersburg, FL here.

My grandfather tried to teach me pipe smoking a few years ago, I never got my bowl packing figured out, I recently decided to try it again and thanks to the forums and youtube I am haveing a much more enjoyable experience.

I'm a longtime cigar smoker and am learning that pipe smoking is a lot more different than I thought!
Take care,

Seth

teejrocks

Lurker
Jun 15, 2013
Hello everyone!
Been lurking for about a month now, and finally decided to join up. There is a great wealth of information contained here, maybe in time I can contribute as well but for now I am absorbing like a sponge!
Only been smoking pipes for a few weeks now, so far I have started to break in my Capri Gozzo pipe as well as making an order with MM for some cobs which arrived yesterday. Only had the chance to try a few blends, but thankfully there is a really great pipe centric B&M in town with a great selection of bulk blends for me to try out.
Anyways, just wanted to send a shout out from Edmonton, Alberta.

Thanks for sharing all the great info here!

Tristan

corrine

Lurker
Jun 17, 2013
Hello Everyone,
i am 18 and live in indiana.i have been lurking on the site just reading since january of this year and just took the plunge to buy my first pipe back in may.its a cheap $5 Missouri Meerschaum Hardwood from my local discount tobacco store but i like it. Switched completely from cigarettes to pipe smoking and loving it. It is fun to smoke it in public and see all the looks i get because a female is smoking a pipe but i mostly use it to relax and help me write on my old smith and corona typewriter.

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Many years ago there were "green stamps" that one got for purchasing gasoline. When you got enough "books" filled with these stamps you could redeem them for merchandise. I got the first edition of the Smith/Corona electric typewriter that got me through college/grad school and a professional teaching career. Don't remember what I did with it but I am convinced that it is still working.

tonibaruch

Lurker
Nov 20, 2011
Milan, Italy
Hello everybody,

I am not a new member (I entered quite a long ago, yet did not write anything until yesterday)

I am not from United States as my profile tells (I am not able to change this setting, yet I am from Milan, Italy)

This is not my first post (I couldn't resist to place one, telling my sad story with Storient Meerschaums when I came across the thread)
So I have many reasons to excuse myself to not have introduced myself before.

I am Antonio, 49 (and growing), smoke my pipes with ups and downs from the years at secondary school.

I have a an always expanding collection of pipes and tobaccos.

Around the turn of the millenium I used to have a lot of fun thanks to alt.smokers.pipes

Now I mostly write on Italian forums.
I keep a blog on pipes. It is in Italian so probably there won't be a lot of excitement clicking on it, for most of the readers here.

http://13pipe.blogspot.it/
Looking to partecipate, once in a while to your forums from now on

corrine

Lurker
Jun 17, 2013
Terrygoldman123 I'd love to see pictures of it. My s&c is a electric coronet edition passed down from my grandfather to my dad then me. I love it and its so nostalgic

Status
Not open for further replies.