March Meerschaum Madness - Let the Madness Begin!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I commissioned an artisan cob earlier this evening so cobs are back on my menu. Looks like briar is going to be look at only with cobs and meerschaums being my smokers.
I've heard of custom cobs, but not commissioned cobs....I'm intrigued.

Mac Arthur sized freehand, carved into a skull, with a meerschaum shank, horn inlay, vulcanite stem? puffy

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Okay, it took me almost until the end of March, but yesterday I purchased a new meerschaum pipe. It is a nice CAO quarter bent carved apple. I will try to get a picture posted.

The first few smokes have been a bit frustrating due to the fact that I need to get use to a pipe with a bit of a restricted airway. Typically, I like my pipes to have a wide open draft hole and stem. I am sure in time I will fully figure out the best way to pack this type of pipe.

starrynight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2023
5-6 inch straight poker with a 2" depth with a green mamba juma accent and stem with an orange juma band with a sandblasted briar shank.
I'm actually in the market for a couple cobs right now: something I can take fishing, light weight, and I don't care if I destroy, but still smokes really well, and feels good clenched; also, something I can enjoy looking at, because, cobs are awesome. Who is doing the commission?

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Reactions: PipeIT

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I'm actually in the market for a couple cobs right now: something I can take fishing, light weight, and I don't care if I destroy, but still smokes really well, and feels good clenched; also, something I can enjoy looking at, because, cobs are awesome. Who is doing the commission?
I always had the same thought about cobs. But my 1st cob I've had for almost ten years now, andy second cob I spent an entire year with. So I actually would be sad if they got destroyed. 😂