March Meerschaum Madness - Let the Madness Begin!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
My Grabow year, needed reaming every 30 bowls or so. Once you let it grow, it can really take off.
Yeah I was perusing that thread last night actually. Entertaining stuff. It might've subconsciously been the reason I woke up wanting to ream my Altinay. Is the one you're smoking for a year getting massive cake yet?

Reactions: didimauw

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
@LeafErikson I feel your pain trying to take a photo of the chamber.
Seriously though 😂

Here’s one of my smooth meer. 08264D95-58D8-4474-8073-21A868E1C724.jpegThis one barely has any cake because I feel more comfortable applying more pressure to my tool as I ream it out. I’m afraid of cracking the thinner walls on my lattice so it’s certainly become more cakealiciois than the baldy here.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Seriously though 😂

Here’s one of my smooth meer. View attachment 212147This one barely has any cake because I feel more comfortable applying more pressure to my tool as I ream it out. I’m afraid of cracking the thinner walls on my lattice so it’s certainly become more cakealiciois than the baldy here.

I don’t care what anyone says, cakealicious is a word and wildly applicable.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Thanks Duane. I’ll likely try this with my cheaper smoothie meer the next time it needs it and then on my altinay once I feel comfortable.
I do it on my most expensive pipes with no issue. Though I'd never own one, I can't imagine it being harmful to an Altinay.

Reactions: LeafErikson

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
I do it on my most expensive pipes with no issue. Though I'd never own one, I can't imagine it being harmful to an Altinay.
No I didn’t think the process itself would be harmful. I was implying that the prospect of me fucking up said process could be harmful, so I wanted to practice on a less expensive pipe. I just want to be very careful while I do it.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
No I didn’t think the process itself would be harmful. I was implying that the prospect of me fucking up said process could be harmful, so I wanted to practice on a less expensive pipe. I just want to be very careful while I do it.
Just apply enough pressure to the paper to bring it into contact with the pipe with no additional pressure and let the grit do the work. 👍

Reactions: LeafErikson

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Yeah I was perusing that thread last night actually. Entertaining stuff. It might've subconsciously been the reason I woke up wanting to ream my Altinay. Is the one you're smoking for a year getting massive cake yet?
I've been keeping it back. I still build a nice cake just nothing crazy lol. For me it's different in a meer. Flavor is muted. But I prefer it in my cobs and briars.

Reactions: Said.ALTINAY