PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Scott . Some pictures of your knife work would rock. I do blacksmithing too. Finally am able to produce a decent pattern weld blade.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
My hobbies other than pipe smoking and collecting center around the outdoors

fly fishing

hunting with recurve bow

firearm hunting

camping

shooting

gardening

searock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2010
Ok, I'll jump in again. This is what I did for fun up to a couple of years ago. This boat is identical to the one I had. If you find in interesting don't miss the other videos that pop up at the bottom of the screen when finished. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOvtRLnUwn4

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
Well sorry, no Pictures (since I am at work and NOT working), but classic VW's and Motorcycles are two other past times asides from pipes that I love, then there is a laundry list of others camping, fishing, etc....

flylot

Might Stick Around
Dec 17, 2010
I am an amateur classical musician, a student of the violin. I also am a gun enthusiast prefer to hunt upland birds with side by sides but shoot sporting clay and skeet with an over/under. I truly suck at trap, shooting in the low 90s....
Scuba only occasionally now as traveling as I do, when I get home, the last thing I want to do is......travel some more!

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
Just some of the things I'm into::

Holistic Health Practitioner · Holistic Health · Yoga · Reiki · Energy Work · Crystal Therapy · Reflexology · Aromatherapy · Massage Therapy · Alternative · Anatomy and Physiology · · Spirituality · Shamanism · Druidism · Universal Life Church · Wicca · Temple of Wicca ·· Gardening · Hobby Farm · Water Gardening · Koi · Aquariums ·· Home Building ·· Landscaping ·· Pipe Collector, smoker and Pipe Refurbishing ·· Hobby Farming · Permaculture ·· Gor/Gorean (not necessarily book based) ·· BDSM Interests · Dominance & submission · Survival & Preparedness ·· Firearms & CCW · Firearms Policy · Shooting · · Politics ·· Camping · Canoeing and Kayaking · Snorkeling and Freediving · Fishing ·· Hiking ··

I could probably add another dozen or so lesser items. LOL

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
wolfscout: that is awesome, I usually ask for lots of pictures, but the Dominance and submission stuff ...I don't know if these guys can handle any pictures like that. 8O :P

searock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2010
"Holistic Health Practitioner · Holistic Health · Yoga · Reiki · Energy Work · Crystal Therapy · Reflexology · Aromatherapy · Massage Therapy · Alternative · Anatomy and Physiology · · Spirituality · Shamanism · Druidism · Universal Life Church · Wicca · Temple of Wicca ·· Gardening · Hobby Farm · Water Gardening · Koi · Aquariums ·· Home Building ·· Landscaping ·· Pipe Collector, smoker and Pipe Refurbishing ·· Hobby Farming · Permaculture ·· Gor/Gorean (not necessarily book based) ·· BDSM Interests · Dominance & submission · Survival & Preparedness ·· Firearms & CCW · Firearms Policy · Shooting · · Politics ·· Camping · Canoeing and Kayaking · Snorkeling and Freediving · Fishing ·· Hiking ··"
Ok, and what do you do in your spare time?

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
Scott . Some pictures of your knife work would rock. I do blacksmithing too. Finally am able to produce a decent pattern weld blade.
unclearthur, here is the very first knife i ever forged. Up to this point i had made 1 knife by stock removal. I then saved up and got my first forge off of ebay, and for an anvil i have a piece of railroad rail, that is welded to a steel frame for me to hammer on. I am learning as I go lol
100_0748.jpg

100_0743.jpg

100_0741.jpg

100_0745.jpg

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Very cool knife. Blacksmithing is on my list of things to do once I get 10+ hours of free time a day.
Seriously, Mortgage underwriting is taking over my life. Working on a MBA and then a woodturning business all keep me from the important things in life.
winton

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Not at all bad knife work. I started out with a piece of track . Now several anvils later I have a 127# Peter Wright and an 87# Lakeside.

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
well i am in the process of getting an anvil....till i discovered the pipe lol. But there is one on a farm I used to haul grain from. I think the farmer said it was 150lber, and he said as far as he knew, his great grandfather is the one who acquired it. He wants a fair price for it, meaning hes not trying to get rich off of it, so eventually I will get the anvil. Plus its already bolted down to a huge piece of tree trunk and its just my height.

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
Yes i do. and am also a member of quiet a few knifemaker forums. Gotta learn somehow lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.