reduced-600x450.jpg

Woodwork:
saxony-3-600x563.jpg

and another wheel:
wheel-1-400x600.jpg

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
Great looking knife! blade looks damascus even. Your skill really shows thru.
I use to be into antique radios, repairing, finding old tubes. But I also have an "ex" and moved to an apartment. Could'nt have tubes and radios/parts filled from top to bottom, parted with it all. Also needed money at the time. But I still admire them and love watching the radio come to life with the glow and I kept my first radio and most rare tube. I could probably sell that tube and buy a Dunhill, lol. I wont. I like to ice-fish and military history. oh' yeah, I'm a hockey nut!

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I have always made the Native American Flute and hand carved hiking sticks and canes. Add to that my Wife of 51 years,

4 children, 13 gramdchildren, and 3 great grand kids, AND MY PIPES, and you have my whole life. Which I Love/
You can look up Papa John and Daniel and Papa John on Amazon and hear some samples of my recordings.
wow, wait a minute, do you have a website for your flutes? I just discovered Native American Flute music and have started buying Scott August, and Coyote Oldman CD's. You've gotta post up some pics or links on your flutes.
Cool stuff.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
You are right Briar Bully the knife is pattern weld in a random twist pattern. That one is now someplace around Minneapolis.

cornguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2011
I'm a golfer, a watcher, a reader and a listener.

When the weather is nice, I'm walking the fairway, or heading into the woods, depending on how my swing is holding up. I don't take golf too seriously, but I sure do enjoy it. It's my favorite pasttime. Nothing else comes close.

What I watch:

Sports -- baseball, football, hockey and, of course, golf. Classic movies and movies that should be considered classic.

What I read:

Political history, sports history, biographies and fiction (I'm currently into the Steig Larrson trilogy.

What I listen to:

Blues, real rock 'n' roll, country and western, big band and jazz (does it get any more eclectic?).

And I love to cook -- indoors and on the Weber in the backyard.

My favorite beverages are: a pale ale, authentic American lager, lemonade, Pepsi One and black coffee.

I also enjoy (sometimes) yard work. Please don't tell my wife.

obelus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Portland, OR
I routinely honor bad books by reading them, paint some, garden, bicycle, barbecue (low and slow), and pick up and cellar Italian wines in a very offhand way. I have been known to play the accordion when nobody's around (with a wife and three kids that's not very often).

chero

Can't Leave
Dec 25, 2010
camping, fishing, good music, all kinds. have 89/30ft avion camper and 2008/36ft mountainer camper, tow rig 2005/3500 dsl ram. gave up hunting about 20 years ago.

sander

Lurker
May 18, 2009
The Netherlands
So I shall make use of that conveniently placed bump above me.
Hobbies... I have been animating for 2 or 3 years (click on my avatar for my youtube channel to see some short films)

I really enjoy it.

Also crafting, mostly with wood, right now I haven't made anything that's really worth posting.

Music has gotten somewhat of my interest, I have played trumpet for 5 or 6 years and right now I'm practicing harmonica.

I like to fiddle with electronics too, although I don't like how small and compact everything is getting lately, it makes it harder to fiddle with the stuff.

nyed001

Might Stick Around
Feb 1, 2011
anything with my wife

Hunting,large game,small game and recently pheasant hunting

Fishing,both fresh water and ice fishing

Shooting clays at the gun club I belong to

My kids,they play alot of sports

Of course my pipes,not just smoking them but the occasional polishing,cleaning and refacing the stems

Riding my Harley

Training my Lab

...and keeping busy during the winter months since we moved to upstate NY

hessenland

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2011
Moscow, ID
Since the thread got refreshed, I thought I'd chime in as well.
Aside from my briars, I am an avid rock climber. When I can't go outside, I usually spend 3-4 days a week in the climbing gym.

On a more mellow note, I enjoy reading good books, playing board games with my wife and friends, a good glass of Scotch, writing, backpacking, hiking and the like.
That sums it up.

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
One of my other main hobbies apart from the Photography and camera collecting would have to be my bike. Had her for coming up close to a year and as the weather is starting to get a bit milder i'll definitely be on the hunt for that illusive perfect English biking road again.
Here's some pics

VFR400_NC30_3_01.jpg

DSC_7345_01.jpg

DSC_7314_01.jpg

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
OH man :worship: I have had 3 VFR's. Are you a member of the VFR Discussion.com forum?
Here are my former bikes:

93VFRpic1.jpg

93vfrpic5.jpg

93vfrpic4.jpg

We converted one over to all CBR600 F4i bodywork with a new aluminum subframe I fabbed up and installed a Micron Titanium Ultralite(1 1/2 lbs.) muffler which can be heard here.

It started out looking like this

VFRpicture1.jpg

Ended up looking like this:

P1010696.jpg

This was my last one:

SNC13776.jpg

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
Oh wow, those are nice. The NC30 is my first proper bike after a couple of years on 125's. Amazing bikes but am now after something a bit bigger when the money allows. There's not much out there at the moment around the 600cc size that is too different.

I love the V4's and the sound they make is incredible. Am thinking about a Triumph Daytona 675, the 3 cylinder is just that little bit different enough ;-)
By the way, how much of a pain in the butt are those white wheels to keep clean eh :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.