PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
In addition to playing my guitars and keyboards I bought a 1977 MGB in September; so driving that around the countryside is my latest joy. I'll spend the winter learning to care for it and hope that when Spring comes along that it'll start right up and I can hit the road sans top.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
Sea kayaking off the Florida coast, playing my guitar (and listening to those more skilled at it than me), reading and maintaining a 40-year-old collection of pipes.

casper223

Lurker
Nov 20, 2010
Hobies......

Married with Kids, need I say more?
In my little freetime, you'll always catch me listening to Classic Rock, Whether offshore Fishing, Car, Home or wherever, Always helps clear my thoughts,

Love Electronics, Computing, My iphone 4, Wife says play plenty of words with friends, keeps you sharp, so if anyone has this iphone app and enjoys scrabble, then hit me up screen name Casper64.

Fishing/Boating of course, Live right on the Lake, Boat is in my Slip in the BackYard. Me and my two boys wife and daughters enjoy Salt Water inshore and offshore Fishing.

Trap and Skeet, Enjoy taking my two daughters to the range, and always get a good laugh at the boys trying to impress them with their skills, of course my daughter have been shooting all their lives and ones a College student and the other graduates HS this year, I guess they have an unfair advantage.

I Love reloading, For Rifle, Shotgun, Never much reloaded pistol, except for my .357 Maximum which shoots a 140gr 270 Hornady Interlock tip, Custom built with leopold scope, made for deer hunting, or competition shooting, and I love Precision shooting.

Only Hunting I do now a days is a little Duck Hunting, Something about a Mallard flying overhead, looking back at me, and aggrevating me with his laughing like quacks just irritates the S*** out of me, and of course they all must die, according to Wildlife and Fisheries, it's a very slow process in killing them all, But they understand my mission.

My Wife and I love to travel, was in Las Vegas the end of July and really enjoyed it, Will be in the Carribean the week before Christmas, I'm sure searching for Jimmy Buffett and knowing no matter what, it's 5'Oclock somewhere.

I have an interest in Amateur Radios, for the sole purpose of communication while 100 miles offshore, when phones, Marine Radios etc become useless. I always have a big fear of breaking down or having a problem that far offshore, even though my boat is equipped with twins, and are maticulously kept up, Communication of some sort is useful.

And of course my Pipe collection, in which I want to be as good with that hobby, and receive the benefits of smoking my pipe as my Paw,paw once did.

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
My hobbies are 40 hives of honeybees BBQ, Roasting Coffee, and converting various alcohols to urine.

illicitdreams

Might Stick Around
Oct 24, 2010
As far as hobbies go...
I'm into Amateur Radio, Photography, Storm Spotting/Chasing, Camping, Shooting, Geocaching, Hiking, Cars...
I really need to narrow things down a bit.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Come on guys, you need to be posting up pics for us too.

needpics1.gif

casper223

Lurker
Nov 20, 2010
Pictures of my #2 Hobby, Family Taking the Top of that list,

This is my Backyard into Lake Pontchartrain, approximately 5 Miles North of the Mississippi Sound and Gulf of Mexico Entrance. Pictured is Our WorldCat Catarmaran 250 Sports Fish with Twin 140 Zukes, both 4 Stroke engines, Fuel Capacity 100 Gallons each Tank, 200 Gallon Total, She's 26' LOA, and is sitting in a 35' Slip. Motors and Bow Pulpit take up approx 34' of the slip.

IMG_0041.jpg

This is a Picture of her "The Nauti Kitty" sitting on her Tri-Axle Trailer, Getting ready to be pulled to the shop for annual servicing, Pictured from the rear, with Twin 140 Suzuki Engines, Dive ladder, Basically the only way to board her from Land. It's hard to get an eye on her from this angle, But she sits appox 13' in the air out of the water, To give you an Idea, Most Tractor Trailers extend into the air approx 13'6".

IMG_0036.jpg

This Picture is of the Center Console, "The Helm" Dual Controlls, Power Steering etc, Behind that Tinted Glass Locked up is her Electronics package, Garmin, Fish Finder, Sounder, GPS, 3D with Fish Eye View, etc, along with a Marine Series Sony AM/FM/CD + MP3 Dock, Not Pictured, Directly Above The Helm, Is another Locked up Electronics Compartment, Housing her Marine Radios, Backup GPS unit, etc.

IMG_0037.jpg

In This Picture, Is Her sitting beside of my F-150 and in front of our 3 Story Home on the Lake, The Guys at work like this picture to give you a better idea of her size out of the water.

IMG_0121.jpg

This Picture is of me Hauling her to the Shop for her Annual Checkup, Most small repairs can be done in the slip, Although once a year, we take her out of the slip and take her to the shop for all Services, any additional add on's, and gives us a chance to inspect her hulls, replace any through Hulls, Bildge Pumps etc.

IMG_0126.jpg

These are just a few Pictures I had on my IPhone, I uploaded to Photobucket for show and tell,I usually don't get a lot of computer time at home with 4 Kids and a Wife on 2 Computers, and 1 being a laptop.

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
I'm a car guy, I obsess about my next car purchase all the time. The next car I'm going to buy is probably going to be a Boxster S and then finding a Zeintec Hard Top for it (which may be close to impossible, since Zeintec has closed their doors).

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
Back yard astronomy myself. Love spending the night out with a good pipe and my telescope.

byzcath

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2010
My major hobby, actually, is music. Have a nice amount of guitars, electric and acoustic, and two basses. And I am a bit of a computer geek, but not as much as I used to be. :)

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
pic01007.jpg
Theres a pick of my scope sorry for the delay. Its a a 70mm refractor with a 350mm focal length. Come tax time im buying a 8 inch Dobsonian.

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
My guitar is my main hobby. It has taken me all over this country back in my younger days and has allowed me to meet some very fantastic people. Outside of that. I am told I am a jack of all trades.
I have had numerous hobbies too many to mention, but I think i tried to get them to take the place of my guitar. At one point in time i blamed the guitar for a lot of stuff in my life.

But as i get older, Fishing and Hunting are my mainstays, they help me to put food on the table, plus i get to get out and see what last bit of land God created that man hasnt messed up in some form or fashion.
I am also a self taught Knife maker. I have my own shop, albeit a small one, my own forge and good steel as well as tons of RR Spikes.
Ohhh My latest two hobbies i picked up at the same time, Pipes.....and well dont laugh...Yo-Yos lol.
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.