PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

flat4driven

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2009
My absolute favorite thing to do would be working on cars. I've been crazy about anything with gears and wheels since the day I was born. Grew up around Mopars and have a strong love for Subaru's.
Music is definitely a close second. Same deal, been into it since I was small.
Onizuka,

What's done to the STi? I noticed you have the Piggy's on the mirrors. The sign of a true enthusiast haha.

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
It used to be modified but now she is sitting pretty in the garage. All she has now is a Cobb off the shelf stage 1 map and a rare exhaust, Blitz Nur Spec Touring edition. Maybe 1 of 5 in the US.

reddazes

Might Stick Around
Sep 26, 2010
Hobbies... besides sleeping on my days off? ^_^
Reading, my first true love was my books.

Writing, because it is hard not to be inspired ^_^ Prose, poetry, short stores, and working on a few novels.

Drawing, I don't draw actual people... I do things in my head.

I've dabbled in painting, but I haven't mastered the control yet.

.....since we are showing off....
Perhaps these two aren't my best work ever, but they are two of my favorites.

I had drawn this cat in miniature in another picture, and a friend asked me to draw him a picture of just the cat...so I did. I also did a colored version, but my scanner died before I got it onto my computer.
~To Be or Not To Be?~

GrinningKitty003.jpg

I heard the terms "Futuristic Victorian Pinup" and decided I HAD to try it. Cause, what is more awesome than a girl in a corset. I do have this one colored, but I am still not thrilled with it (it was my first ever digitally colored piece and it got a little muddied, I plan on fixing it later...but who has time? lol).... I'll stick her up anyway though.
~A Time Piece~
victotianpinup003.jpg

victorianpinup6.jpg

reddazes

Might Stick Around
Sep 26, 2010
I found the finished version and swapped it out... you can tell I went a bit crazy with the effects, but it still turned out pretty fun ^_^ and maybe I'll toss up my dragon sometime if you ask really nice lol. And I feel like messing with a scanner again. -.-

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
That's pretty cool stuff - I wish I could draw; I can barely muster decent looking stick figures.

superdan

Lurker
Sep 28, 2010
pickin the banjo (playing music in general)

collecting records

reading

watchin movies

building guitars

searock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2010
Should have asked me about this 20 years ago... I "used" to be into touring on my BMW bike and sailing, but no more. Now I do some camping, occasional fly fishing, bicycle riding and working on some projects at the computer. But,closed related to pipe smoking... While I'm smoking, mainly while at the computer, I post boring things on this forum, listen to old radio shows and music. I mentioned the radio and music earlier but, for those who might be interested I'll go into more detail.
Old Time Radio: Most of the time TV is just plain boring, nothing good to watch, so I listed to otr on the computer. There's some great stuff out there. If you're interested a good place to start is at: radiolovers.com
Music: Most of my listening is late at night (after the wife is asleep) so as not to disturb her I use headphones. I like to keep it portable so I can move around but I also like a high-end sound. Ipods sound "ok" but not high end. What I've done is added a top quality amp and headphones to mine and everthing in the Ipod is ripped to the "lossless" format. If you've never heard a set up like this you would probably be surprised. One friend described it as "shocking". My Ipod is attached to the top of the amp with velcro. I put a pic together of what I use (we all know what an Ipod Classic looks like). Sennheiser HD600 phones and SR71A amp from Ray Samuels Audio with a Ray Samuels interconnect. If you want great sound I recommend this set up. Cheers.
llk9j7jg.jpg

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
searock wrote>>Old Time Radio: Most of the time TV is just plain boring, nothing good to watch, so I listed to otr on the computer. There's some great stuff out there. If you're interested a good place to start is at: radiolovers.com>>
the theater of the mind--glad to have another fan aboard--

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
classicgeek said "Wait a sec... PstlPkr Plays Poker?
Practically PerPetually.
Predictable."
Your Presumptuously Presuming.

searock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2010
Hey Whitebriar, Yep, I'm addicted. Here's a couple of tips if you don't already know about them. A good source is: http://www.archive.org/details/audio_bookspoetry It's not the easiest to navigate but they have a ton of stuff. If you haven't listened yet and want drama and suspense try: CBS Radio Mystery Theatre. And if you want to laugh try: Chet Chedder's Tales from the Morgue... It isn't what you would think. You can find both these at the link above. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.