PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@condorlover1 I've got some Samuel Gawith Cannon Plug to smoke in my clay pipes; it's said to date back to the English Civil War in the 17th century making it suitable for re-enactment events!!!
I've ordered some slow match for lighting my clay pipes at re-enactments; it will be fun to try lighting it the way Cavaliers and Musketeers did:)
I'll have to upload some re-enactment videos and one of lighting my clay pipe with a slow match!
I've uploaded 2 new clay pipe smoking videos to my YouTube channel; I'm wearing the tricorn hat I found during a Don Catchment Rivers Trust volunteer day!
Going to the Jamestown re-enactment at Murton Park near York next month; going to take one of my Jamestown clays and smoke some Virginia Cake in it!
Might take some Cannon Plug with me as well...

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
This sauce change merry go round must be filling the McClelland ketchup void for some of you.
It’s the same conversation, only the names have been changed.

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
I have smoked close to half a pound of recent Ennerdale in my Albertson and it has not ghosted. Hell, it doesn't even smell of Lakeland. I could smoke straight Virginia in it and not get a hint of ghost.
There is no mistaking my Exotic Passion pipe though. That stuff can ghost a pipe.
Exotic Passion is the heaviest ghoster I've seen in my time.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I don't understand the 'Lakeland' issues down at S&G. I was talking with @weezell the other day since we split a box of Ennerdale from the most recent drop and neither of us could get much in the way of flavor out of the stuff. Our good friend Mr. Embers was on the money when he said something went pear shaped at S&G in mid 2021 since I have a few jars of the older stuff and the difference in flavor profile is like night and day.

I don't understand the 'Lakeland' issues down at S&G. I was talking with @weezell the other day since we split a box of Ennerdale from the most recent drop and neither of us could get much in the way of flavor out of the stuff. Our good friend Mr. Embers was on the money when he said something went pear shaped at S&G in mid 2021 since I have a few jars of the older stuff and the difference in flavor profile is like night and day.
Do you mean that you want to taste more of the spayed on stuff, or want to taste more of the tobacco? Me, I'd be more likely to buy a whole lot more of their stuff if they just stopped spraying it with perfumes. YMMV

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Do you mean that you want to taste more of the spayed on stuff, or want to taste more of the tobacco? Me, I'd be more likely to buy a whole lot more of their stuff if they just stopped spraying it with perfumes. YMMV
That's been their signature for decades though. Now it would be like Esoterica removing latakia from Penzance and trying to pass it off as the same blend.

That's been their signature for decades though. Now it would be like Esoterica removing latakia from Penzance and trying to pass it off as the same blend.
Meh, If someone means that since 2021 that there is less of the spray, then I would disagree. Everything I've bought has been saturated in it, barely any tobacco taste. I don't smoke for perfumes. I want tobacco taste.

I am just saying that "IF" they would stop perfuming their stuff, "I" would buy more of it, A LOT more. It is a prayer of mine, "Please Lord, make the people at GH&co give me options for non perfumed tobaccos. Pretty please."

• Love
Reactions: condorlover1
Now consistency... yeh, I imagine they are just running through the factory wisping puffs of perfumes of stuff willy nilly. Maybe some has more, some less, a little of this a little of that, random like a drunken granny making cookies at holidays. And, I hope the folks at GH&co read this. They need to know how we are seeing their product. Be honest with them. Person 1 and person 2 can't discuss a tobacco if we both have completely different products, but yet they are marked the same.

• Wow
Reactions: condorlover1

clynch

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2013
Pensacola Florida
@condorlover1 I've got some Samuel Gawith Cannon Plug to smoke in my clay pipes; it's said to date back to the English Civil War in the 17th century making it suitable for re-enactment events!!!
I've ordered some slow match for lighting my clay pipes at re-enactments; it will be fun to try lighting it the way Cavaliers and Musketeers did:)
I'll have to upload some re-enactment videos and one of lighting my clay pipe with a slow match!
I've uploaded 2 new clay pipe smoking videos to my YouTube channel; I'm wearing the tricorn hat I found during a Don Catchment Rivers Trust volunteer day!
Going to the Jamestown re-enactment at Murton Park near York next month; going to take one of my Jamestown clays and smoke some Virginia Cake in it!
Might take some Cannon Plug with me as well...
Oh yeah, please load up something from the reenactment

Reactions: The Clay King