PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Davy Jones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2022
7 Seas
Prior to the changes, you could still smell it in your mailbox for a few days after it was delivered. It's a shame what has become of it.
That is absolutely true. I recently bought some Ennerdale, Broken Flake no. 7. and Kendal Flake and they are a totally different beast now. It's very disappointing. I also bought some Balkan Mixture but can't tell if it's changed as it was the first time I tried it.
I don't know if they're rushing the process to keep up with the demand but I won't buy again.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I've found the different Gawith offerings have been losing 'the sauce' since the merger.

I have some 2014/15 Lakeland Dark and it's almost like a completely different blend now. Even some of my older Gawith bulks (re: Bob's Chocolate) had a strong lakeland topping to it all. Now, it's but a hint

I've been reading this here and there. It's a shame the merger lead to a change in blending & saucing. And those confounded breakaway tins they shipped last time!

I really like Gawith products, and hope this represents growing pains, and not a new way of doing business.

Reactions: lukasstrifeson