PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Mac Baren Plumcake in a Stanwell Hans Christian Andersen. After trying the VA's for a bit, I think I'm enjoying my retreat to aromatics, semi-aromatics and latakia blends. I guess that's just the way my tastebuds roll.
Simon

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Milan Tobacconists' 205 Cavendish, a house blend of unsweetened Cavendish, Perique and bright Virginia(s). Said to be non-aromatic. Well maybe technically, but its got some kind of non-tobacco topping or flavoring agent that suggests, to me, carob, or non-sweet cocoa, or who knows? maybe tonka (coumarin). Not a bad taste, but it kinda steps in front of the tobaccos.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I'm smoking another one from Russ Ouellette, Hearth & Home Sunjammer. (Actually, the tobacco was from Bob, and Russ is the blender.)
To me, the name Sunjammer sounds like a name for an aromatic, but it is not.
I checked the description on the pipesandcigars.com site and it says:
A smooth and sweet blend of Bright and Red Virginias, Macedonian and other Oreintals, smoky Latakia and a touch of unflavored toasted black cavendish. A traditional Scottish-type mixture, agreat alternative for the Dunhill 965 smoker who is looking for the same kind of medium bodied, slightly sweet Latakia blend but would like something a bit different.
It is very tasty, and I recommend it!
You can get it here:

http://pipesandcigars.com/ruouhobl.html

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Does it come with an atomizer of salt water for the feeling of the sea spray on your face.

Sounds great Kevin.
Sutliff Blend No. 5 in my Chacom Churchwarden.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Maltese Falcon in a Bjarne 1/8 bent viking apple. I am almost ready to write a glorious review of this so glorious of tobaccos. Now I have to get on to ordering a tin of Chelsea morning and Quiet Nights.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
img_0107-
A true classic that my tastes are not refined enough to enjoy. It doesn’t taste bad, it’s just that I don’t get anything out of it. I’ve tried this flake in different pipes and had been smoking the whole flake folded twice and slightly twisted. However, last night I took one flake, let air for 10 min. and rubbed it out. I was only able lightly pack about 80% of this one flake in the pipe pictured and it took me 1 hour and 50 min. to complete. The only time I really got any hint of flavor was on relights. My palate longs for a rich, robust, and creamy smoke. Maybe that’s why I like Latakia so much. Anyway, I’m not giving up on this until I’ve smoked a whole tin. Or maybe I’ll set sail for a few years and return to it when I’ve become … seasoned.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
@ Fred: Can you post a picture of that Zeus? Or maybe link to Medat's work. Thanks.
@ Phil: Looking forward to that review. I've been on the fence re. Falcon.
Louisiana Red in a sandblasted GBD pot; then Sterling's Country Store Natural in a Julius Vesz 'dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.