PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
OK, I get it. Everyone else started another, disguised thread and I'm posting here all by myself, right?
C&D's Haunted Bookshop in a GBD 'dog.

Then, Two Friends' Valle Crucis in a GBD pot.
Hmmm... or maybe it's the Rapture! But.... so soon?!

Golly! And Kevin was the last to go...

I wonder where he kept that stash?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
OK guys, this is NOT FUNNY anymore.

I'm steppin' out for a bowl of H&H's Louisiana Red in a GBD pot.

Or maybe it's Louisiana pot in a GBD red; I'm gettin' confused and a bit rattled.

Somebody better be online by the time I get back, or I'm gonna sic the Moderator on all y'all. Y'hear?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
G&H's Louisiana Perique Flake, rubbed in a GBD bulldog.
I know... Kevin whipped up some of his computer wizardry to redirect me to a shadow site every time I log on. So I'm out here, lost and exiled in cyberspace playin' with myself. That's godbee be it! There's no other explanation... (hmmm... better stop talkin' to myself.)

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
So sorry Cortez. Don't be scared...I'm here with you buddy. Smoking a blend of 3/4 Amphora Regular and 1/4 Marlin Flake. My girlfriend bought me the Amphora a while back because I was separated from my stash and awaiting a Smokingpipes order. I have never smoked any of the mass produced, so called, "drugstore blends" and I initially turned a tobacco snobby nose up at it. I put it away after I got recieved my order and figured I would keep it around in case of emergency. Tonight I found myself yearning for emergency tobacco for some reason so I loaded up a Bjarne apple with the mixture mentioned above. I have to say, Amphora has grown on me and I will buy more when my pouch runs out. It is very very nice with that little bit of Marlin flake added. But I will still smoke it on it's own as well.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Good evening. It's Frog Morton on the Town in the Paul Fischer OomPaul.

Best to all.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
I'm here, too, but it's not a pipe night for me, I'm afraid. Daughter's not going to sleep, bad hayfever. DGT until tomorrow, when I'll be thumbing my pipe full of Plumcake.
Sad state of affairs when all you got is a couple of Canucks keepin' ya company...
Simon

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Whew! I thought I was having a Twilight Zone moment (day). You know, when you're young you blow that stuff off. But after you've had a few "senior moments", you start gettin' paranoid.
@ohin3

Anyway, here in Chicago, and probably the whole country, Amphora has always enjoyed a pretty good reputation -- at least the Brown pkg. I don't know if that's what they call Regular these days. I read where Two Friends' Redwood evokes memories of Amphora Brown, if not tasting exactly like it.
So, thanks for the reality check.

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I got to crack open a few new tins(that I haven't tried yet)the last two days!

Yesterday/last night: Peterson's Luxury Blend

McClelland's Mellow Mack

Dan's Blue Note

Today/tonight: Davidoff's Flake Medallions

G.L. Pease's Union Square ( already had this one just a new tin)

Dan's Treasures of Ireland Galway

I love getting new tobacco in the mail and being off work lol!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
@ surfmac211,

I know what you mean. Nothing beats the anticipation and receipt of that little box in the mail. (I think it's part of TAD.)
C&D's Night Train in a GBD bulldog; entirely motivated by Bob's recent review. For all you lovers of semi-sweet and musty Vapers.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Everyone pray for me....................I'm gonna try the Frog Morton tonite that I bought this afternoon.
If I missed the answer, what the hell does B&M stand for? I know that is what you call your local Pipe shop.???????

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Well, the Frog wasn't what I expected, but I can see where alot of people like it. To me it was similar to the ACID cigar I tried several weeks ago...like a cigar in a pipe. I can tell that I do like the milder aromatics better, but it would be good to have around for a change in the future. Now I'm not a Frog Virgin. :)

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
B&M = Brick and Mortar, referring to a physical store as opposed to an internet etailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.