PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
McClelland Oriental Mixture #8 (green tins) in Bjarne Bent apple. I have been smoking this pipe a lot lately. It's one of those pipes that rubbed me the wrong way from the very first smoke but has over time seemed to really come into its own. When I first got it, it smoked so hot that the wax, or what seemed more like varnish, bubbled and partially peeled off. I took a scotch brite pad to it and removed the remaining finish and it seemed to smoke much much cooler, but I think I just had a bad first impression and never gave the pipe much thought after that. Now it seems to smoke cool, dry and totally problem free...yayyy for me. It's kind of like getting a new pipe ha ha ha.
Cheers.
P.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Paladin Black Cherry in my Fat Cavicchi Apple.

I will not smoke during my waking hours on Saturday, just to test myself.

See Ohin's "Habit or Pleasure?" string.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Good morning. It's the last of a tin of Royalty in

the Bent Bekler. Best to all.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Started the day with a tasty bowl of P.A. as usual, in a Butz-Choquin 'dog.

Next, a bowl of P.A. in a MM Country Gent. cob, just to give cobs a chance. That was a waste of tobacco -- just got harsh, generic tasting smoke.

Switched back to P.A. in a GBD bulldog, and, voila! the taste returned. Hmmmmm.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Marlin Flake(behaving nicely and giving up all of its VA secrets) in a Skovgaard tomato, a glass of Ardbeg 10 year neat, and watching The Wrath Of Khan on TV. This is shaping up to be a fine evening. KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
H&H's Louisiana Red in a Rattray's bulldog.

Watching the Cubs embarrass themselves both in and out of the dugout. :(
Like one sports writer said, "Hey, c'mon now, any team can have a bad century."

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I will not smoke during my waking hours on Saturday, just to test myself.

Well....

My experience was no big deal.

While I did desire a pipe or two during the course of the day.

The times that I missed my pipe the most were in the morning with cup of joe, and late in the evening with my book and martini. I do not believe that the lack nicotine was anything more than a minimal urge.
This morning I resumed my customary pipe with my coffee.

I have been following a practice (of late) that was described in one of the Sherlock Holmes mysteries as described by Dr. Watson.

Sherlock was described as smoking his cleaned and dried dottle from the previous day.

I have restricted the dottle to the plugs that occasionally remain at the end of a pipe. I carefully discard totally consumed tobacco and store the plugs in an empty Half and Half can.

I have to admit that the "rustic" flavor and smokey taste go quite agreeably with my morning joe.

This morning: Dottle in my Chacom Churchwarden, and a strong cup of Joesephus Daniels.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
The afternoon continues with Claymore (a blend a friend is trying to firm up)

in Seamus. Best to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.