ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
4746374615_593c04a339.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
This afternoon it was Haunted Bookshop in a Butz-Choquin. That was so good I had to reprise it in a GBD pot about a half-hour later.
Just now I'm settling back down to Earth after a bowl of Sam Gawith's Kendal Cream Flake in a Rattray's bulldog.

Thanks for the ecstasy, Aidan (furandfeather). I thought of you the whole time; but don't misunderstand, it was the tobacco, not you.

BTW, how are things going for you in Burton upon Stather these days?

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
1Q in my Volcano
You really like that stuff don't you? :)
My first cousin who I haven't seen since 1970 and was an avid pipe smoker, just sent me a blend from the Tinder Box in Raleigh, NC that one of his business associates brought back to him from a trip. After our recent phone conversation ( first one since 1970 as well) last week he said he would send me one of his favorites. It is called Daves Delight and is a 50/50 mix of North Sea and Burly Light.

It was the most unique thing I've tried so far. I still haven't been able to describe the pouch aroma..not really..."good", but reminds me of a musty type of smell. So I fired up a bowl, and the smoke was rather light, and didn't smell anything like the pouch aroma....first thoughts are that for some strange reason as much as I had convinced myself I would only smoke aromatics, it was completely different from any of those I've tried yet. No vanilla, chocolate, more burly than I ever thought I could tolerate, just odd, but enjoyable. I am going to order some of the two blends (the North Sea and the Burly Light) and some of Daves Delight from them, as I don't have any idea how many years old this stuff is that he sent me, and I want to smoke the two blends individually to see where the aroma's come from.
Down the road I want to send this to some of you experienced pipe guys to try out, as I've just not had but 12 or so blends in my life. You'll be able to know exactly what it is with your vast experience. Anyway....Mikey liked it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.