I've Always Enjoyed Posts From (Member Appreciation Thread)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Honors to the late greats, foggy mountain the Dunhill master and one-time staffer at Manhattan pipe shops, as well as fish'n'banjo of the museum quality artisan pipe collection and premium fly rod collector, as well as members who no longer post much but contributed a lot like peck and a number of others. fish'n'banjo's motto, to go along with his many selfies of him outdoors in front of a tree, in a driving cap, which was "Keeping it smokey."

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I can't stand any of you losers. I come here to laugh my ass off at you mugs. If I had to pick one person it would have to be Jesse. even though he is California slime.

ps. I come here because there are some great people and the knowledge can't be beat.
I have this theory that Harris only plays the part of a grumpy bastard but is actually a nice guy in real life and this post kinda proves it.

Knowledgeable posts though if you pay attention.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I have a similar theory about @mikethompson...but well in reverse I guess ;)
Ha! Shows you can be whoever you like online.

To my above list, @scloyd is a pretty good guy. He has the same strange interests as me.

@Ahi Ka for general tomfoolery and scientific curiosity of certain pipes

@eljimmy 's artwork is always impressive as well

@cosmicfolklore for all the usual reasons

@admin obviously for maintaining this sandbox and occasionally changing the cat litter

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I could hog up a bunch of room on here thanking everybody I have to thank individually, but that would be uncouth. Not to mention in contradiction to my inherent weekend laziness. So I will give just a couple shout outs here:

To @kschatey @dixie @leafsmoker @craig61a @jmg81, thank you for the tobacco! Your generosity is much appreciated.

To @KafkaStoleMyBike, thank you for buying my tobacco! Great avatar too.

And to @renfield and @philobeddoe, I can always count on your exemplary music taste when checking in on the "What Are You Listening To?" thread.

If there's anyone I've forgotten here, please don't hesitate to PM me in cathartic anger. I'm chiefly on here for amusement, so your contributions will give me cause to ignore you when the next version of this thread surfaces in X amount of months.

Cheers!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I could hog up a bunch of room on here thanking everybody I have to thank individually, but that would be uncouth. Not to mention in contradiction to my inherent weekend laziness. So I will give just a couple shout outs here:

To @kschatey @dixie @leafsmoker @craig61a @jmg81, thank you for the tobacco! Your generosity is much appreciated.

To @KafkaStoleMyBike, thank you for buying my tobacco! Great avatar too.

And to @renfield and @philobeddoe, I can always count on your exemplary music taste when checking in on the "What Are You Listening To?" thread.

If there's anyone I've forgotten here, please don't hesitate to PM me in cathartic anger. I'm chiefly on here for amusement, so your contributions will give me cause to ignore you when the next version of this thread surfaces in X amount of months.

Cheers!
well you got a bob in your avatar and not one of us half yetis mentioned! No anger just despair.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
@Servant King of course you'd laugh at something that's such a serious transgression.
That's why we like you.
And what's great is...I did it again!

No seriously, @anotherbob does actually get a shout out for championing Ashton Gold Rush during my moment of indecision last month. That is some tasty VA goodness, sir!

But then, I have to give one to @BROBS for making me aware of mint tobacco. Without the knowledge of its existence, my life would be immeasurably duller.

See what I've gotten myself into here?!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Too many to name, so I’ll just say all the “regulars”. I am constantly finding new posts engage in, new humor enjoy, and the occasional surprising moment of depth and erudite discussion on a multitude of topics.

A truly wonderful forum.

KafkaStoleMyBike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 10, 2020
Dallas, TX
I’m relatively new here, but very much enjoy my interactions with the community. I’m indebted to @Servant King for his tobacco, @jiminks for his reviews, @Richmond B. Funkenhouser for cats, and many other frequent contributors for their thoughts and insight.

A special shout-out to for anyone liking all the terrible music I share on here, as well as anyone who posts/shares their own restorations; one of these days I’ll muster the courage to post one of my own creations.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Years before I was participating on this forum it was an invaluable resource for research material thanks to the countless contributions by @jguss and @sablebrush52 . People within and outwith the pipe community often count on their work to trace their genealogy or learn about a family heirloom. This elevates this forum to the top in its class for investigative research in this area and makes for fascinating reading between the endless "desert island tobacco" and "is this mold?" posts.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Is this where we do a group hug?
Group hug time, yes! Lots of eyes taken out by all the clenchers in the process. Many lawsuits will follow, then mods will ban group hugs while the FDA encourages them.

Or, we could just continue with our collective forte as anti-social weirdos, listening to The Cure, crying inside from the unbearable emotional burdens of PAD/TAD. I vote for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.