I've Always Enjoyed Posts From (Member Appreciation Thread)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
There's a lot of bad news going around lately so I thought this might be a good way to spread some positivity in our little corner of the internet.

The idea is simple, is there someone on the forum that should have a little public acknowledgment? Someone whose threads you always go to read? Post them up!

I will get it started with a few - I've always enjoyed posts by @mso489 , as well as his online writing style. I dont think I've ever read anything negative from him.

Also, I wouldn't know anything going on in Britain if it weren't for posts from Jay! @mawnansmiff

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I dig the sentiment. There are so many on here that are thoughtful and enjoyable people. The real A-Holes come and go quickly, it clearly isn’t a place for them.

I will do as the thread asked and name a few MSO, Alaskan (I love your 7 day set story and pipes), The Great JimInks, the E F Hutton of tobacco, when he speaks people listen. If you’re under 45 you probably have no clue what I’m talking about, google it. BRobs, bringing the sharp edge, irreverence, in a good way.

And to steal from Cosmic a bit, Thanks for not being offended if your not on the list. Everyone reading this makes it as part of this great community.

PS: Props to CShubra and Danmalia for inspiring me to learn more about and enjoy cigars.

Reggie

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2020
Gardendale, Alabama
Too many to mention. A wealth of knowledge exists here. I have felt welcomed by several seasoned members since I joined last year. Have even enjoyed a few prods from the gallery and laughed my ass off at so many threads! But, you guys are not very good for my TAD! I stay in trouble with the misses!

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
There are several folks on here who, when they write, I pay attention.

@ssjones knowledge of pipes is astounding; obviously, @jiminks has made his mark, but not only with reviews - equally important, to me anyways, is when he chimes in with blend compositions and some of the background knowledge to which he’s privy; their knowledge of some of these blends and components is rivaled only by the willingness of @jeremyreeves and @ernieq to share it; I also thoroughly enjoy the witty banter from @Ahi Ka and @OzPiper giving us a glimpse of how things are in their corner of the world.

But this thread wouldn’t be complete without pointing out the kindness that @scloyd brings to the group. Having experienced it on a personal level, I’d genuinely say that folks like him are few and far between. Leading the charge, he provided a mechanism for countless others to match him, and they did. You know who you are, and you’re too many to list individually.

And I’ll steal the @jttnk comment and also give a tip of the hat to @cshubhra and @danimalia for lending their time and knowledge to school me on cigars and humidors, adding @musicman to this list, as well.

As mentioned by others, if you aren’t on this list, it simply means I hate you.

Last edited:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I can't think of any members who don't post items of interest, special expertise on subjects, historical goodies, wry humor or far out humor, personal narratives, and so on. To mention a few -- jiminks, sable', brad smith, cosmic, scloyd, michaelthompson, ash digger, Grangerious, barrel proof, chasing'... but like the man said, there are too many others. My PC pooped out last night, but apparently healed itself this afternoon, but for a while, it looked like I was off Forums for a while, and it was a real downer. I try to be sociable otherwise, through church, family, and old friends, but this is a part of keeping in touch with others and means a lot. Thanks to all Forums members for taking the time and adding to the conversation. Thanks to Kevin for maintaining this site and passing along items of interest, and to the moderators who keep it conversational and not to much of a food fight.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Except for @cigrmaster , I like most everybody here. Harris is a real pain, and I think I'll call him later today and remind him of that!!! nnnn :LOL:

I thank the fellas who wrote nice words about me. It means a great deal to me. The appreciation is reciprocal.
funny fact that's what I was going to write the same thing too except it was going to be about that JimInks guy, he's always trying to stir up trouble!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.