PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Celebrating with a bowl of Century Colombian Coffee in a Blakemar Briars Calabash. Gave up coffee for Lent so this is the next best thing.
Have a great IPSD.
Ettrick puffer
View attachment 67020
Gave up coffee for lent? I'm impressed! Seriously; I've given up alcohol for lent but I don't think I could function with out my 5 or 6 espressos each day.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
A bit late to the party. Whilst the poor folks in the northern hemisphere have been dealing with severe winter conditions we've been basking along at 29c daytime and 22c at night. Obviously I therefore picked up a Common Cold 10 days ago...

Now I remember as a kid that catching a cold meant one, two or at most three days in bed before being sent back to school. Seems different when you get older; yesterday was the first day I felt well enough to go out (I've woken up feeling OK a couple of mornings but after breakfast just gone 'nah' and crawled back to bed but yesterday was different :col:

So I celebrated IPSD 2021 by going out for a short walk (only 4km instead of my normal 10kmb- thought I should take it easy) and finding a large tree to sit under and smoking Barbary Coast in a Peterson System Spigot whilst reading Collected Short Stories of Hercule Poirot). First smoke I'd had in 10 days ? . Tree is actually on the Avenida Paulista so not rural but it is a nice street on which to watch the world walking past (especially on a warm summer day in Brazil) ?

Anyway; I took the following photo yesterday and posted it to a watch forum to let them know about IPSD - actually got a much better response than I expected with lots of other watch collectors posting their pipes and tobacco choices...

IMG_1483.jpeg
Komandirskie 1965 posing with Peterson System Spigot and Barbary Coast.

Just since I also posted this photo yesterday; I'll include it here too.
IMG_1251.jpeg

RainKing

Might Stick Around
May 24, 2020
I got bundled up, grabbed my poker cob, loaded it up with some SPC bourbon barrel aged and sat out amongst the 15 degree weather and snow covered hills here in WV to reflect and honor the day. Having said that, really makes me wonder why the founders couldn’t have picked a warmer month. Haha

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Holy shit, that is one of the nicest 320s I have ever seen. Great find!

I had my eye on a sandblasted Punto Oro 320, but ultimately went in a different direction. I really want to try a 320, but may start with a cheaper version since my experiences so far have led me to believe I prefer deeper chambers with less width.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Whoa whoa whoa! Who said we didn’t catch anything??

I almost caught the shanty on fire, caught a nicotine buzz, caught a migraine and relief, caught emphysema from cooking on a camp grill inside the shanty, caught a glimpse of an unfortunate snow-machiner dumping his entire load of firewood and then not realizing it until he was a mile away, and caught shit from my wife for getting home at 2:15am!

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Whoa whoa whoa! Who said we didn’t catch anything??

I almost caught the shanty on fire, caught a nicotine buzz, caught a migraine and relief, caught emphysema from cooking on a camp grill inside the shanty, caught a glimpse of an unfortunate snow-machiner dumping his entire load of firewood and then not realizing it until he was a mile away, and caught shit from my wife for getting home at 2:15am!
Lmao, I stand corrected!

Reactions: danimalia