PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jeremiah Johnson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2020
Westchester County, NY
Happy IPSD, everyone! I have no photos, but this morning I went for a nice walk around the neighborhood, smoking some Cringle Flake. It was really the first time I've smoked a pipe in public (well, a tobacco pipe), so it was sort of a "coming out" for me. I feel a bit more confident about it now and would do it more, but there are only so many places I can do it since I can't wear a mask while smoking!

Anyway, it felt like a fitting celebration even though it was just me. I plan to do it a lot more as the weather improves. This morning was very nice - close to 30 and sunny!

Does anyone know of any YTPC livestreams this afternoon or evening?

Jeremiah Johnson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2020
Westchester County, NY
Did my two mile loop around the neighborhood in a brisk winter breeze. My wife is doing a pork roast for a late supper and maybe some cheese sandwiches for now. Bills to work on, and then maybe another round with our audio book. I haven't settled on a pipe and blend, but all in good time.
Do you listen to audio books together? That's a nice idea! Do you do that on walks?

Reactions: danimalia and BROBS

Jeremiah Johnson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2020
Westchester County, NY
I'm getting set up for my celebratory IPSD "special" smoke, which I have decided will be some 2014 Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls in a Lorenzo Spitfire Adria. I haven't opened this jar for almost a year, it smells fantastic, deeply fruity and sweet, like prunes, raisins, and dates. The coins have gotten noticeably darker.

I hope everyone is having a good pipey day, smoke 'em if ya got 'em.

View attachment 67100
Well jeez, maybe I SHOULD decide on a "special" smoke for this evening. Hmmm...

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
For the occasion worked up the courage to try a bowl of Peterson’s Irish Flake that @mikethompson kindly gave me a sample of. Smoked it in a smaller Dr. Grabow and thoroughly enjoyed the blend. Found it to be smooth, burned cool and if treated with respect the nic hit was not a problem. I was definitely hit harder by HH ODF.

Will be having sushi for supper to celebrate my wife completing her latest novel and will have to decide on a blend for tonight.

Happy IPSD to everyone from the smoke shack!

7A7627D7-6F91-4C0E-BB50-425C2D3A5BCD.jpeg

Kingsley

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
PA
I piped on a rather dry bowl of Capstan Blue in a Sav. Fantasia Rusticated 626 today, as I found a lost tin I’d bought last summer. It’s contents rubbed out, I couldn’t refuse, as I hadn’t had any in about half a year. It of course burnt a bit hot, but, with gentle puffing, it was very pleasant. Strangely, to my tastes, it seems the blend has been usurped of its high status rather easily in my mind by the other straight VA flakes I’ve been recently going at. Not surprising, and not to say that C.B is bad in any way, but, still. My opinion is that one could grab well over two pounds of better flake per pound of C.B tins, but, I digress. Very little point in continuing on about my personal preferences and tastes. More in topic, I placed an order yesterday for the last 500g bag of my favorite blend, along with a 8 oz. tin of G.L. Pease’s Union Square, both to cellar. In the way of pipes, along with a boatload of filters, I ordered a Savinelli Marte Smooth 121 KS today, as I’ve been meaning to get my hand on a pot for a while. Strangely enough, it actually slipped my mind today was IPSD as I was ordering it. Busy busy. The good news is that this latest pipe purchase should be the last of my pipe purchases for a long while, as, with this new pot, I’ll have 5 Savinelli’s, a Chacom, and a MM corncob, which is more pipes than I think I’ll need for the foreseeable future. Now it’s just time to focus on cellaring. Happy ISPD all!

Attachments

• C0020509-A62E-4E37-9F4A-0CD295682A10.jpeg
    C0020509-A62E-4E37-9F4A-0CD295682A10.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 3

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Firstly, happy IPSD to everyone. Hope you all have had/are having an enjoyable day.

No smoke today, had to cram it in yesterday. Snowing this morning, 40 mph winds this afternoon, and into the evening. high 20s most of the day.

May 31st is World No Tobacco Day (seriously! look it up). I shall postpone today's bowl for that day, with several others in the meantime. puffy