PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
Wow some of you have alot stashed away! I order whole leaf so I have around 5-7lb on hand of various leaf(virginias, Kentucky, latakia, perique, orientals) then I'll reorder a few lbs every 6 months or so when I run out virginia and kentucky which get used the most in my blends.

wilblee

Lurker
Mar 2, 2021
Probably enough, but I’m gonna add more of my favorites, eventually. Right now I’m still in exploration mode. Once I get through my current crop of GL Pease, Rattray, Druquer and Sons, and C&D blends, I’ll have it narrowed down enough to stock up on what I like. I’ll add those blends to the Father Dempsey, Vanilla Roll Cake, and Plum Pudding SR that I’m already stocking up on.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I have about 20 lbs stored and I plan to keep cellaring. At 71 years old the actuarial tables give me 14 years more. I smoke 4 pipes a day ( smallish bowls) and my budget is somewhat limited. I plan to leave alone the bulk that I cellar and purchase what I need to smoke without hitting my stash. That way when the dung hits the blades, I'll turn to my stash. Who knows, maybe lighting a match will be too much of a challenge one day. If you bastards let us search by state on this forum, I may give it all away to my local pipe smoking friends when I'm a drooling ejit.

charf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
Probably 3-1/2 years at the current bowl rate. My main concern is that I have to many Latakia laced blends. Was lucky enough to cellar up before the government banned personal imports. Every now and then I buy a tin of something that catches my eye from the local importer but the price is eye watering.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and BROBS

jrharrigan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2020
I bought enough for a 20-25 year supply and I smoke around 11-13 pounds a year. I am 63 and my program I developed is telling me that on the day I die I will have only one tin left. I know I am a genius, you may grovel at my feet if you feel the need.

I'm all up for groveling and all, but how much do you want for that last tin?

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Being 78, I would say that I have enough for life...but as it has been said before.."Honestly, if/when SHTF those lbs of tobacco will probably serve you better than shiny metals or US savings bonds. " All those tins of McClelland and other valuable brands will enable me to trade with others....so, I'd say I'm set for life.