PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
The nice thing about cellaring deep is that pipe tobacco holds its value extremely well so its almost risk free. Even if you decide to quit one day you can probably recover your money. The only real risk is if selling tobacco is outlawed which could make your stash either worthless or priceless, depending on how you look at it.

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
I'm making baby steps now, still trying different blends to see what I like where I can see a pattern allready. I intend to pick a few blends, probally 5 or 6 different ones I like and stock them monthly to get a "aged" inventory. I do also think we will turn to a smoke free society in the Netherlands (the benefits in taxes outweigh the costs in Healthcare, even in our insurance system) so I hope I can get enough stock to keep on smoking.

Reactions: JOHN72

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Sent Jamie 1/2 packet of Captain Black Gold today as a present.
Just got time for another clay bowl - not smoking anything tomorrow or Tuesday!
Got a parcel collection on Tuesday; not spending anything in the next 2 weeks!

jyrreb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 6, 2019
With some serious TAD this month I think I’m just passed the 40lb mark. With August coming sooner rather than later I’m going to use it as an excuse to add about 10 more pounds of favorites and a couple oz here and there of blends I’ve always wanted to try (I’m coming for you WCC). Once we see what comes our way that will likely change the course of my spending, for better or worse.

but just incase I have a “Doomsday” shopping cart full to the brim ready to press checkout at a moments notice.

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
I’ve made up a spreadsheet of what I’ve purchased since making pipesmoking a hobby over 3 years ago and calculated I have about 32 months left before my supply goes dry (if I continue at my current pace).

That accounts for probably a dozen and half tins and nearly as many jars of cellared bulk.

But if the winds of the tobaccopocalypse start up again, I’m sure my hand will be forced to further beef up my supply.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I’ve made up a spreadsheet of what I’ve purchased since making pipesmoking a hobby over 3 years ago and calculated I have about 32 months left before my supply goes dry (if I continue at my current pace).

That accounts for probably a dozen and half tins and nearly as many jars of cellared bulk.

But if the winds of the tobaccopocalypse start up again, I’m sure my hand will be forced to further beef up my supply.

The shit winds are blowing, my friend. It's not ALL marketing.. stuff's out of stock everywhere.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
i'm sure many of you have run the math, so...

if i smoke 1-3 bowls a day, how many pounds a year am i consuming?

There's approximately 2 grams per bowl. That is 25 bowls per 50 gr tin. At 3 bowls per day, you're consuming 6 gr per day or 2.19 kg per year or 4.83 pounds. 1 bowl per day would be approximately 1.61 pounds per year, 2 bowls per day would equate to 3.22 pounds per year.

Sounds like you should cellar 4 lbs per every year you want to smoke into the future.