PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Skatutakee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2021
Massachusetts / New Hampshire
Without question I have more than a lifetime supply of cigars. Doesn't mean I won't ever buy more, but I'm not willing to develop more storage space, so I'll be maintaining equilibrium and occasionally adding variety. And I've got a good several years' worth of pipe tobacco stored away. By the end of the summer, I'll have several more -- enough to carry me into my 70s anyway, I figure, if I make it that far. And that'll have to be good enough.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
There are so many blends I haven't tried yet. Keep getting new blends to smoke along with things I'm cellaring. So far, only opened same blend tin twice. Things I keep on hand for smoking are all in jars and I only keep 7 blends in jars. And they are never same. And OTC. Smoking only one or two bowls a day, they last for long time.

Fiddlepiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
www.danielthorpemusic.com
Probably not for long my friend
With the ability of our current government to deliver heehaw I’m not massively worried for now by that either. I think the tax raising power that tobacco has in this country will keep it around although it maybe become more expensive as a deterrent.

They have done a similar thing with minimum pricing of alcohol in Scotland and also banned multi-buy deals to help tackle alcoholism. The statistics aren’t massively supportive of it as a method.

I currently have time to build what I can afford to cellarwise before that’s even a thought. I don’t rationally (sorry @BROBS) see a need to panic buy yet.

Haha, believe me, I'd love to. But between my wife's disdain for it, raising a toddler, building a house, running a company, and my own personal health paranoia, it just ain't in the cards.
That’s a lot of damning circumstances for an increase in smoking. But understandable.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
Its a juggling act. I still have fears of my favorite brands going under. RIP Carter Hall and Prince Albert, So I hoard a few tubs of favorites

I thought I heard recently that someone called the manufacturer of Carter Hall who confirmed it was not going away? If I'm remembering correctly they may have said it would only be in tubs and not in the smaller packaging though.