How Many of You Lucky Dogs Get to Smoke Inside?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradical

Might Stick Around
Dec 1, 2018
Outside. Always. This means weather plays a factor in when I choose to smoke, but that can be part of the fun.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I now smoke while soaking in the huge Jacuzzi style tub whenever I want.
haha ... way to go Cosmic, I need to take notes in as far as winning strategies over the little lady.

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
I smoke anywhere I choose on our property. Actually recently I had taken a little break from smoking. Sometimes I’m just not in the mood. I mentioned this morning that I hadn’t had a pipe for awhile and thought I’d do so. The lady of the house mentioned that she likes & had missed the aroma of my pipe. :)

Looking at my smoking log afterwards, I was a bit surprised that I hadn’t smoked in 12 days. The bowl of Ten Russians I had this morning was delicious.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Only if I go to work. I guess that's one incentive to keep working. I did put gas heat in the garage and a little more spiffing up will make it part of the home more or less.

leafsmoker

Can't Leave
Oct 26, 2017
Indiana, USA
Cosmic has the best story for sure. I smoke outdoors in the summer, but I am able to smoke indoors in the winter, ONLY if it is Aromatics, which is fine with me, at least I get to smoke something in the winter. It is not worth it to go outside in the freezing temperatures just to have my va/pers. It works well for me, because I would probably not smoke the Aromatics I have otherwise. Aromatics to the rescue for me i guess...great thread. I was just going to post a similar thread, but here it is!

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Per my own choice, I only smoke my pipes in the den in a lounge chair next to an open window with a box fan running. The rare occasions I smoke a cigar is always only outside. I sometimes wonder if I should puff in the den, (though don't stop), given that it's where we hang a painting I bought from a then beginning painter 43 years ago for $125 which a gallery owner valued @ $4000 a few years ago. Needless to say, it's the only 4 figure painting we're ever going to own. :P

unclekent

Lurker
Jan 9, 2019
I do smoke anywhere at home, however I usually abstain from smoking cigars indoors (even the most welcomed company would experience such imposition as well).

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
I love smoking outside, but if it is not too cold, it is almost always too windy (I live at 8400 ft). Like most, my wife hates the smoke. I smoke in my home office. I'm fortunate that it is on the predominantly leeward side of my house, so there is a natural draft coming through. I have a window fan (see the amazon link below). It fits perfectly in my window and will draft the whole house if I turned it on high. I leave a piece of surveyor flagging hanging from my door frame with the door closed, so I can tell if something is not drafting properly. The smoke leaves the house without any smell in the rest of the house ever. The biggest issue with smoking in the winter is that the fan is like an exhaust fan. Without any other windows open, the house is a little too tight to let makeup air in, so the fan is a little too loud.
Window Fan

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
I certainly could, because I do what I want. However, I'm not a fan of the stench afterward, and I don't like subjecting others to it, even if it's in one room.
I've thought about setting up a fancy air filter/fan/etc, but I'm perfectly fine with sitting outside with a pipe or cigar in freezing or sweating weather.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I find the out-of-doors and a pipe are a match made in heaven. That said, on a windy day I'll take an indoor smoke with glee! My current living arrangements (alone) permit, however, when the family joins me it will come to an abrupt end.

duffer

Lurker
Mar 7, 2017
I smoke in my home office. Air purifier, exhaust fan, weatherstripping around the door and a towel at the base. No worries from the wife.

bosmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2017
As a new years resolution, I have decided to put my TAD and PAD on hold so that I can save up enough money to buy another house, one that I can smoke inside. I should probably have enough money by the end of the year.

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
I have a large man cave type basement with a couch, recliner, TV, gun room, workshop and an office that I smoke in.

It also has a very large cabinet and shelves where all of my pipes and tobacco's are kept.

She has control over the rest of the house, but it's understood that this is my area and she respects that.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
My cat was wheezing and I smoked outdoors for 6 months. Then I came back in but smoked in the bathroom with the door closed for a year, whereupon it felt like time to quit, which Idid, having lung and respiratory symptoms. My point is that secondhand smoke hurt my health.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
My point is that secondhand smoke hurt my health.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall you mentioning that you had been a cigarette smoker. I don't know how heavily or for how long, but if it was extensive enough, you may not have developed the respiratory issues otherwise.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Good point. I smoked cigarets off and on for 40 years, and that may have weakened me. But I last smoked a cigarette 09/13 and quit the pipe 04/18. But I think the point remains that lungs complain about smoke, but perhaps not symptomatically. I never considered the second hand smoke when I smoked in the bathroom.. Had it not been for that I think I could have gotten another two or three years or more of smoking. I think pipe and cigar smokers overlook the small amount of smoke taken into the lungs with every smoke. Over time it can cause problems, and I'm sure it did so to me. It's seems too small to be problematic except when you smoke pipes 2 or 3 Xs daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.