How Many of You Lucky Dogs Get to Smoke Inside?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
been smoking since 12 and now 51. never smoked inside other than restaurants, movie theaters and so on. prefer not to stink up where i sleep. quitting cigarette was the greatest thing. can't stand cigarette stink. pipe smoke smells whole lot better. and vaping smells even better.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
puffthemagicpiper

Its the westward view from my back deck, though I have similar views from a couple of hammocks on the mountainside.
Or from the front deck...
kJigCnf.png

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
When we moved into our present house we spent a lot of time and sweat removing layers and layers of tobacco smoke residue from the walls and ceilings. I vowed never to smoke in this house after that.
I'm fortunate to have a fully finished and heated room in the basement under the garage that I can use to smoke in through the winter. I probably only spend an hour a day in there but after just 3 years it's ready to be stripped down, repainted and new carpeting put in. A lot of the buildup is probably due to the less than adequate ventilation but I still wouldn't want to subject the rest of the house to smoke.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Mainly in the conservatory with the radio on.
Gotta love how the Brits put it!
Myself, in the house where I want to. Air purifiers all over the place...

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
alan73

Mount Evans, a 14'er, west of Denver, Colorado.
I smoke outside year-round. Beautiful all year-long. Smoking during a snow storm is almost mystical, perhaps my favorite time. Quiet, still air with only the sound of softly falling champagne-powder.
BTW - we can have snow from October through mid-May.

Reactions: Bowie

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
I smoke indoors some of the time. My wife allows blends that don't linger too long. I usually stick to aromatics and Virginias and avoid Lat forward blends while smoking indoors. I do smoke others in my basement.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
I just got a fantastic idea from this thread. Enclose the back porch. Heat/cool, TV, comfy chairs, nice table. That's going to happen. Thanks.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Last year I converted our enclosed back porch (7'×14') into a smoking back porch. I have an electric heater that I use while I'm smoking and I sit out there on a padded bench. I smoke only once a day so it works for me.

Here is my back porch where I smoke. I still have a few things to do next spring to finish it (paint the blue table and a thicker pad).

smokingroom-edited-600x593.jpg

Jan 7, 2019
I’ve been wanting to screen in at least half of our back deck for years. Set me up a kerosene heater and I’d be set! Best yet, when I don’t want company I can fire up some Pirate Kake. That’s a sure-fire way I’ve found to run off family members who want to sit with me and chat when I want to puff and read.

monkeylyf

Lurker
Nov 1, 2018
Fortunately I live alone so I only smoked couple of times outdoors. Really difference experiment from smoking inside the house. The cadence, the tamping, retrohale...

Another thing I really enjoy is, when I've been smoking in a room for a while and then walk out of it for a cup of tea refill or something. The moment I walk back into the room with the lingering room note, oh man, it's just gorgeous and feel like a reset of all my sensation. Relight and puff and keep enjoying the rest of the pipe.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I smoke in one room of the house. I fashioned a bezel to fit the box fan blowing out the window so it draws out smoke without bringing huge amounts of hot or cold air in.
It also serves as the media center and tactical command bunker. The rest of the house is for less important functions, like eating, bathing and sleeping.
fan-600x450.jpg

jay-roger.jpg

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Never had a problem smoking inside,wheter pipe, cigar or cigarettes, though to tell the truth, I do keep two windows a little open all the time in order to allow better air change, Wintertime this may cause some temperature droppings, wool pullovers and home slippers are a must,I guess in many places Britain inside room temps can drastically drop during the wintertimes.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Although my wife has insisted that she wouldn't mind me smoking pipes inside I choose not to because we have a baby and toddler and our place is small. Anyway, the walks out and about with the dogs are a good relaxing opportunity for quiet enjoyment of a pipe.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I smoke inside, I wouldn't have it any other way. I keep it mostly to my den, rarely I have an aromatic while watching tv in the living room.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I don’t want a smoky house, so I compromise by putting a window fan in the window next to my kitchen table. The window is at the same level as my head when I’m seated, and the fan pulls out 99% of the smoke. It’s a perfect set up for me.

willyspiper

Lurker
Jan 3, 2019
I need to rig up a fan. Without one, I am running the risk of being exiled by my one and only. I personally cannot smell how bad I am destroying the environment of our house until I come in from being away for a short time. I limit smoking to an office in basement, but somehow the smell goes everywhere regardless.
Its strange how bad this can smell to a non-smoker. I love the smell of wood stoves and burning leaves, but its not quite the same.

I have a pipe in my mouth at all times, so if I am allowed there, my pipe is as well.

My wife told me that after I had built on a big spa/bathroom onto the master bedroom, that I could not smoke in there. I said fine... she asked me to fix something on the tub, and I would tell her that I am smoking right now... every time she brought it up. Then one day she asked me when I was going to do it, because I was obviously always smoking.

"I will fix it as soon as I can take my pipe in there."

I now smoke while soaking in the huge Jacuzzi style tub whenever I want. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.