How Many of You Lucky Dogs Get to Smoke Inside?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

okiepiper

Might Stick Around
Jan 4, 2019
In with you Mike. I probably could smoke inside if I really pressed the issue with the wife but it's not worth it to me. I can go outside, enjoy the total quiet and the beautiful piece of property we live at.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
I smoke outside or in the garage by choice and out of respect. Definitely don't have to ask for wifeys permission and most certainly could if I wanted to. I also personally choose not to smoke inside due to smelling up the place (I smoke several bowls a day when I'm home).

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I have always smoked indoors: my parents' home, college, work, home, etc. M'lady is very supportive. She's bought me pipes and tobaccos. She was 19 when we got married, and was conducting anti-smoking clinics at her church. When we decided to marry, I told her I only had one requirement. I said I had been smoking a pipe since I was 13, and smoking in the house since I was 16. I said "I'm not going to be one of those guys who goes outside to smoke his pipe while holding a umbrella in the rain. I smoke in my house" I said if she could handle that, we'd never have a problem. She said, "Okay", and we've never had a problem.

Reactions: gamzultovah

fishfly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2014
Dubuque, Iowa
After a lot of discussion, tests, and compromise, I smoke inside. Only in my basement study, with heavy weather stripping, large Blue Air filter, two circulating fans, all doors shut, and a partially open window. I live in Iowa and going outside for a smoke in winter is, at best, problematical. I've got a couple computers, my television, my fly-tying desk, and my macro-photo station there so live is pretty good.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I smoke couple of times a week indoors. I also did so when my wife was alive, she was a peach and did not object. Wonderful woman.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I smoke my pipes inside my house. I don't consider myself a "lucky dog" for it. It's my house, so I can smoke in it. Part of the joys of home ownership :puffy:

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Jiminks, that's a real love story right there!

I don't smoke in the house. I have small kids and I want them to at least become teens before their house becomes a smoking lounge. I smoke in the garage, which is heated and serves as my workshop/study/hermitage. I would like to smoke in the TV-room at night, but it'll have to wait at least 10 years. For the kids.

dare66

Might Stick Around
Dec 24, 2018
I've only been smoking pipes for a month but choose not to smoke inside. I have to say though it's getting cold outside.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I don't smoke in the house. I have small kids and I want them to at least become teens before their house becomes a smoking lounge. I smoke in the garage, which is heated and serves as my workshop/study/hermitage. I would like to smoke in the TV-room at night, but it'll have to wait at least 10 years. For the kids.
I'll probably avoid smoking in the house once me and the missus have kids, at least when the kids are home that is.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
I smoke in my heated “3 season” porch with a couple of the sliding windows cracked to keep the air fresh.
Nice and comfortable with a 40 inch flat screen.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Kids are always home when you are. They are also always either sick or demanding attention. If not, they are smearing butter all over your TV-screen or eating dish-washer tablets. No time for a nirvana smoke then.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Last year I converted our enclosed back porch (7'×14') into a smoking back porch. I have an electric heater that I use while I'm smoking and I sit out there on a padded bench. I smoke only once a day so it works for me.

pipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2016
I share @workman 's attitude:
I don't smoke in the house. I have small kids....
At our last house, I converted a two-story barn into a workshop downstairs and library/study upstairs. It worked great. I didn't have a serious ventilation system but a heat pump and lots of windows did a pretty good job of keeping it fresh.
Still figuring out what to do at the new digs. For now, outside works fine....

macaroon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
I much prefer to smoke outside for the scenery and airflow, but Michigan winters makes that less than ideal most days between December and March. Currently I live with some housemates who smoke other selected herbs (well, just one really) from time to time, and they have acquiesced to my smoking indoors on occasion. Out of respect, though, I've limited myself to my better smelling blends, like C&D Pegasus, PS Cubecut, and C&D Yorkshire. One of them recently commented that Pegasus reminded them favorably of the warm woody smell of a sauna. Someday I might bust out a lat bomb just to see how many of them think the house is burning down.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Why would I?
fShkC3U.png

One doesn't need a Man-cave when one has a Man-mountainside.

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
I'm single, alone, and work from home, so I smoke pretty much every day in my home office.

Status
Not open for further replies.