PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
coming up on a year

Question for you guys who have been smoking decades. Has your palate become more or less refined over the years? Are you able to pickup on the nuances of the smoke better then when you first started smoking? Or has your palate dulled down over time?
For me, aromatics taste the way they smell now.

brut666

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2020
Kent, "The Garden Of England"
For about the first five years I smoked 3 Grabows and a Big Ben dromedary that was given go me by a teacher at graduation.
I'd of been fine with the cobs I brought, the pipes that where gifted to me and eBay estates.
BUT I made the error in joining this forum ?? PAD & TAD well and truly in effect!!
Especially your 904 addiction, taught me I needed more pipes than I needed, got me hooked on 122's?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Over forty years but not continuously, only intermittently. Didn't start until I was in my thirties. I smoked for about eight years and then quit in solidarity with my late wife quitting a multi-pack a day cigarette habit. (I'm remarried.) I took up pipes again in about 2012 when my wife had complications after hip replacement revisions and I needed something other than booze to center after a day with her in rehab.