PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

select565

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2020
coming up on a year

Question for you guys who have been smoking decades. Has your palate become more or less refined over the years? Are you able to pickup on the nuances of the smoke better then when you first started smoking? Or has your palate dulled down over time?

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I smoked my first pipe when 15 years old. I started smoking a pipe somewhat seriously again around age 24 through 28. Back to cigarettes until around age 42 at which point I acquired quite a number of beautiful Castello pipes and bought 5100 5 lbs at a time. After around 9 years, in 2008, I quit cigarettes and haven't smoked one since. Smoked 5 to 6 cigars per day until 2017 when the pipe bug hit hard. Still smoke some cigars, especially when playing golf. 5 to 7 bowls of pipe tobacco most days though.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
3 years. Off and on closet cigarette smoker since high school. Never had nicotine addiction, but the habit, psychology, hand to mouth whatever it is, I’ve always enjoyed it. I quit all smoking for 11 years or so ago (when I gave up golf and started riding again)

I like pipes and now learning to like some cigars, and not inhaling. I ride bikes and play drums as my other hobbies. One of which is not conducive to inhaling cigs!