PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
Got my package today and man oh man .It has a fragrent smell to it, it is really rich , diffrent amounts of earthe scents will hit your nose, it reminded me of the days I used to hike with my pops in the forest in summertime, It does have a woods like smell, like bark or cedar, but guys when you smoke it, it has such a rich bold flavor, it is sweet like chocolate, figs and I tasted coconut, when you get to the bottom of the bowl the taste will still be there and the coconut flavor will be more notacible. It is very good Hawke I did enjoy it , especially today, for it was a bit windy outside and it was a great afternoon smoke, and I did get a good nicotine hit from it that it had me smiling.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Thx gang! Ive been a bit loaded down with personal chores. Still laid off and had 2 days of some schooling. Xmas stuff going on like all of us and then I was terribly sick in bed for two days. Still catching up.
didimauw, When I did that a few times I would wrap the tobacco in plastic wrap first then surround that with regular aluminum foil. Then in a package I would seal it up with wide scotch packaging tape. Mailing something in a glass jar is not something I could do cheaply.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
I made a new press and I couldn't wait to take a peak. Here's the first 1 ounce plug after 24hrs. You can cut it with a knife and it wont crumble up. This should be a good way to age the stuff I think although the full 72 hours in the press will be the norm. Smells soooo good!

2lkyzx3.jpg

1zp02yp.jpg

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
whoo dammm that looks mighty good!!! yea I was wondering how the taste is going to be like in 5 years of aging, how long are you going to age It for.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Hawke that new batch looks dense. For a crumble it sure has some beautiful layers. Looking at it Id say it's got to have an earthy nose to it. The reviews seem to back this up.

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
Dang Hawke that looks mighty good. The first taste you sent me is gone..... it was a fantastic smoke. Cannot wait to get some of this buddy. Thank you m8, Merry Christmas!

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
These last "early pulled" plugs are the best flavor so far. They hold their moisture until you slice off a piece yet still light up easily. I jarred the plug up and let it set for 24 hours and did the slice. Next I am gonna allow them to stay in the press for 3 full days as before and tighten the press a little more each day.
I also have one other idea I'm going to incorporate somehow. More on that later(maybe).

I love the mystery and how it adds something spiritual to the blend.
Ive started an eBook on "Aging Tobacco" and ran across an interesting method to alter a mixture. There is no way to replace Mother Nature's aging but it is a process that has proven satisfactory results. This process WILL BE IN the eBook.
Back to my freshly sliced bowl.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
So here's the tighter pressed plug. I shouldn't call it a plug at this point, its still a crumble cake but very well set and all the resins are barely coming out in the press so I feel like this is the limit I want to go on pressure.

15qd7cg.jpg

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
hawke, I brought some Indian Moon to the pipe club meeting last night hoping to show it to Russ O. but he was away visiting his daughters. Too bad since I intend to smoke the rest of the sample before I see him again. Thanks for sending it to me; it's been a real treat.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Too bad since I intend to smoke the rest of the sample before I see him again.
Haha, that's good praise John! I cant seem to age any myself. Ive do have two weeks old here, hows that? Hahaha

cynicismandsugar

Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
I never get tired of this post. It's great to see the evolution of a blend -- as well the techniques used to create it -- but also to see all the feedback and varied reviews.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Wow, Hawke! Thanks for the Hemp wick dispenser, with the shipment of the Hawke's Indian Moon and Pressed PandC Best of the Rest. I'm a huge fan of using Hemp wick to light my pipes. Nice surprise sir, thank you. I will give a review of the Fabled Indian Moon later this week. Can't wait to try it.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Sitting down this evening to enjoy a pipe, I grabbed a pinch of Hwake's Indian Moon. Nice compact crumble cake with aromas of dark chocolate. I expected some perique in there somewhere. The cake breaks up easy and is easy to pack. Indian Moon takes a light well delivering notes of nuts and Cocoa. As the bowl burns down more notes of nuts, powdered cocoa, and hints of anise drift to the nose. A very easy going burley blend, never bitey and never burning hot. This is a tobacco that would be right at home around camp, After a long day on the trail. Hawke, thank you for the chance to try this little treasure. Indian Moon would be a wonderful tobacco to have on hand in regular rotation. Luckily, Hawke knows it's mysteries and it will grace his pipe endlessly.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Glad you like it perdurabo. More is only a PM away when you so desire. Love to trade! I need to make a list of all the tobaccos I've acquired in trades. I sit and think, what do I want to smoke this time! Even in small amounts since I smoke generally one bowl at a time of these special items they last me a long time. I still do my monthly orders so this is just icing on the cake. Great group we have here.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
I just looked over the shelves and while this is not all, it shows the generosity of :worship: forum members which far out shadow any of my gifts. I've received token amounts of:
Condor Ready Rubbed

Condor Plug

Motzec Strang

2014 G. L. Pease - Fillmore

2013 Vintage Syrian

201? GL Pease Odyssey

201? Hearth & Home Marquee Fusilier's Ration

2013 Anniversary Cake

2013 Stonehaven

2013 Penzance

2011 Cornell & Diehl Exhausted Rooster

2009 McClelland #25