PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derby

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2020
I have a Charter Arms Bulldog in 44 special that I love. It's my nightstand gun. The online idiots love to denigrate these all American guns due to a few owner changes 20 years ago. This one goes bang every time and sends a massive hunk of lead at any bad guy stupid enough to violate my castle. Goes well with my proletarian Falcons!
Amen to that.

Aug 1, 2012
Quite likely a moderator, to prevent those allergic to good steel and brass to open the thread and have seizures which prompt them to type aspersions on others.
Yep, how dare we want a forum about pipes that doesn't veer into 2nd amendment political territory. That's a shit idea.

Incidentally, my guns were lost in a tragic avalanche as I don't go near boats as I don't like drowning (tried it twice, not a fan).

Reggie

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2020
Gardendale, Alabama
Apex is great quality too.
I personally have had bad experiences with a few of their products and have sworn them off. A lot of their trigger kits can have burrs and misbent/miss ramped areas e
My 19 has a Zev Full Fulcrum Trigger. Not really impressed with it.

Reactions: BROBS

Derby

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2020
All of this is interesting but, for me, it comes down to shot placement. Practice, practice, and practice some more. Practice will offset some of the adrenaline response and,as far as I'm concerned, anything larger than a .380 round will do the trick. My 44 special Charter Arms sits by my bed.
Agree completely. If you are a reasonably good shot and practice regularly a revolver like a Charter Arms 44 Special is all you need. If that gun doesn’t do the job you’re pretty well f**ked anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.