PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Someone used to make a kit that would improve the horrible take down of the earlier Mark Series pistols. I can't remember the company name but it used to be advertised in Handgunner Magazine in those smaller ads in the back pages. I like the older "Ruger Lugers" like yours with the pencil barrels.

I like those, too. But, mind you, this is not my gun. This is merely an image of a gun I’d love to own and if I can one day overcome the PTSD associated with such a horrific canoe accident that cost me every one of my guns, I may indulge.

That said, as much as I love the pencil barrels, I’d get something like this both for fun and so I could dress it up like this one, eventually adding a suppressor so the kids can have a blast plinking with it. Additionally, the 22/45 version has the same geometry as a 1911, so it makes a great alternative for practicing. If I had .22 ammo, it’d likely be around 10,000 rounds. Although, at today’s prices, they’d probably be worth the same as a small house in the Hamptons or at least 7x the same count in .45 ACP Ammo. Shit. I just realized a full-size 1911 in .45 ACP is now a cheaper alternative to practicing with a .22 with similar geometry!

Good thing I aspire to own a 1911 in 10mm and aspire to handload. That’d put me in a position to never get caught up in these semantics.

boatme99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2021
Somewhere in this vast universe
Someone used to make a kit that would improve the horrible take down of the earlier Mark Series pistols. I can't remember the company name but it used to be advertised in Handgunner Magazine in those smaller ads in the back pages. I like the older "Ruger Lugers" like yours with the pencil barrels.
I used to have a Ruger Standard, pre Mk 1. Absolutely perfect. Sold it a couple of years ago.
KINDLE_CAMERA_1428108211000.jpg

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Any of you guys have a .22 pistol you love?

The 87 Target is posted. Awesome gun. Very reliable.

"This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend...." My second favorite 22 is my Tippman M4 pistol (yes, it's technically a pistol for the firearm novices). 11" barrel, SeeAll sight, Viridian laser light and Tailhook brace. It's mostly AR15 M4 compatible. Amazing pistol with great accuracy and it's been reliable since day one. Below is a group I took at 75 feet and while it won't win any contests, keep in mind its off hand shooting with three torn shoulder muscles and needing two new knees.
CB6E6FB4-8D06-4059-ABF0-79B48EE00794.jpeg3080FF8C-66F9-436A-B88A-B5DAE0D18FA5.jpeg
The Beretta NEOS I have is pretty good but it's goofy looking.

The Taurus TX22 has been very highly review and hold 17 rounds. The Ruger SR22 is a fantastic little pistol once its broke in.

One gun I'm dying to try is the Kel Tec CP33. 33 Rounds and highly customizable! It's been well rated after going through some initial roll out challenges.

68466-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Last edited:

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
The 87 Target is posted. Awesome gun. Very reliable.

"This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend...." My second favorite 22 is my Tippman M4 pistol (yes, it's technically a pistol for the firearm novices). 11" barrel, SeeAll sight, Viridian laser light and Tailhook brace. It's mostly AR15 M4 compatible. Amazing pistol with great accuracy and it's been reliable since day one. Below is a group I took at 75 feet and while it won't win any contests, keep in mind its off hand shooting with three torn shoulder muscles and needing two new knees.
View attachment 77318View attachment 77319
The Beretta NEOS I have is pretty good but it's goofy looking.

The Taurus TX22 has been very highly review and hold 17 rounds. The Ruger SR22 is a fantastic little pistol once its broke in.

One gun I'm dying to try is the Kel Tec CP33. 33 Rounds and highly customizable! It's been well rated after going through some initial roll out challenges.

68466-DEFAULT-l.jpg

I’ve wanted to play with a Kel Tec PMR 30 for a while.

My buddy got that CP33 a few months back. I’ll have to check in with him again to see how he likes it.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Since you know the term, can you explain why they call it a "race" gun?

My understanding is that they’ve been modified for speed, accuracy, and to not jam. Most folks do stuff like that for pistol competitions that are usually timed, hence race gun.

This opinions is based solely on a thorough review of the comments on that random photo of a pistol that I found online.

Last edited:

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Bullshit.. Get yourself a 12ga and some #8 shells. At 14' or so shoot a couple of watermelons or piece of drywall. At those distances the spread at most will softball size.
And penetration in human flesh an inch or two. You’ll create a big scab, that’s for sure.

not saying it would feel pleasant. But may not stop the most motivated attacker.

• Wow
Reactions: JOHN72
Status
Not open for further replies.