Gawith, Hoggarth, & Co. Importation Troubles?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Do we know for sure that Chris Gawith, an engineer, didn’t make a time machine? I mean do we really know that he didn’t go back to 1906, to make sure the FDA was founded?

All I’m saying is that all this current FDA business seems to be driving up demand for his product, that’s all. Follow the money and all that.

I’m no conspiracy theorist, I’m just saying that at some point there are so many coincidences that the time machine theory starts to look like the simplest one to fit the data. ;)

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
but I'm sure whatever issue is going on is probably legit.

I've not heard of many business who make it a priority to have their supply fail to meet the demand. When it does happen, there is usually a very valid reason preventing them from doing so.

You should listen to alaskan, he knows what he's taking about. He's up there near the arctic circle breeding mooses for moose burgers or some crap like that and few times a year, they even release a few mooses (meese?) inside a large fenced area and let city guys pretend to "hunt" them from the comfort of their heated tundra buggies replete with onboard baristas. Well, some times, you just can't keep up with demand because for what ever reason, the mooses just don't want to do it. Maybe the male mooses said something stupid to the female mooses like he answered honestly when she asked if her ass looked fat next to that pine tree, or he's tired after a long day of work and antlers rattling and he think hopping up on her back is just another way he'll have to do all the work while she just stands there chewing conifers. For once, for the love of Pete, couldn't she put some motion in the backfield? So yeah. AP knows what he's talking about. That is what you do right AP? What the hell else is there to do up there beside oil?

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
You should listen to alaskan, he knows what he's taking about. He's up there near the arctic circle breeding mooses for moose burgers or some crap like that . . .. Well, some times, you just can't keep up with demand because for what ever reason, the mooses just don't want to do it. Maybe the male mooses said something stupid to the female mooses like he answered honestly when she asked if her ass looked fat next to that pine tree, or he's tired after a long day of work and antlers rattling and he think hopping up on her back is just another way he'll have to do all the work while she just stands there chewing conifers. For once, for the love of Pete, couldn't she put some motion in the backfield? So yeah. AP knows what he's talking about. That is what you do right AP? What the hell else is there to do up there beside oil?
My God, that was filthy; I have to wash my brains out now.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Haha. You know I never called it a conspiracy.

Do we know for sure that Chris Gawith, an engineer, didn’t make a time machine? I mean do we really know that he didn’t go back to 1906, to make sure the FDA was founded?

All I’m saying is that all this current FDA business seems to be driving up demand for his product, that’s all. Follow the money and all that.

I’m no conspiracy theorist, I’m just saying that at some point there are so many coincidences that the time machine theory starts to look like the simplest one to fit the data. ;)

But you are absolutely on to the truth. Haha

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
You should listen to alaskan, he knows what he's taking about. He's up there near the arctic circle breeding mooses for moose burgers or some crap like that and few times a year, they even release a few mooses (meese?) inside a large fenced area and let city guys pretend to "hunt" them from the comfort of their heated tundra buggies replete with onboard baristas. Well, some times, you just can't keep up with demand because for what ever reason, the mooses just don't want to do it. Maybe the male mooses said something stupid to the female mooses like he answered honestly when she asked if her ass looked fat next to that pine tree, or he's tired after a long day of work and antlers rattling and he think hopping up on her back is just another way he'll have to do all the work while she just stands there chewing conifers. For once, for the love of Pete, couldn't she put some motion in the backfield? So yeah. AP knows what he's talking about. That is what you do right AP? What the hell else is there to do up there beside oil?

This is 100% correct. Moose death and oil are the only professions here. If you aren't interested in taking a Moose's life at the exact moment of climax you need not apply.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Does not sound like a big deal. From Gawith this morning:

Official - USA FDA registration:

It is been recently reported that the USA will receive no further GH products until they have been registered as commercially active with the FDA. This has been the result of a miscommunication during a change of importer. We are working hard to resolve this issue and should not effect future availability of our products in the USA. We will keep you updated on the process over the coming months.
Be careful FDA and Customs Agents, the RedCoats May set sail to reclaim their rightful property. Deeming The history of Uncle Sam has a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over their island.

• Love
Reactions: condorlover1
Oct 7, 2016
This thread has gone off in so many directions I have no idea what stance @alaskanpiper expressed towards GH, nor do I really care by now, but you convinced me it has to be correct.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Tins will be different when they do show up. From Gawith this morning:

"We noticed some questions about how Samuel Gawith products are currently shipping so thought we would provide a little explanation. Essentially the previous manufacturer of the tins in Europe stopped production. This resulted in a period of procurement to source a suitable alternative. Due to very long lead times, we were faced with the decision to either stop shipping any SG products, or use an alternative tin (that you see in this picture), that did not seal reliably. This was due to the tin being more flexible and a reduced thickness of vacuum seal. The cardboard inserts help stabilise the rim of the tin, while the hot melt glue helped further stabilisation as the vacuum is formed. This was not an ideal situation but as of now, all SG products are being shipped in new custom tins that are sealing nicely albeit still with the insert and no glue. We are currently developing the seal further to produce packaging more suited to these products. You will notice the new tins are in a steel finish. "gawith.jpg

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
People have been running around with their hair on fire at least since McClelland checked out on us.
If Gawith goes off the market, we can only imagine the endless "I told you so's" that are going to flood the forum. This will be followed by a long period of hand-wringing and gnashing of teeth. I expect anyone who ever referred the Lakeland essence as "granny panties" will suddenly be overcome with nostalgia for all the blends they previously mocked and immediately begin hoarding vintage tins from Pipestud.

Status
Not open for further replies.