Gawith, Hoggarth, & Co. Importation Troubles?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
It's not the NHS hospital air fresheners. It's an combination of urinal blocks used in infant school toilets - remember telling the stupid kid about the sugar cube in the urinal? This is combined with a Grandma Ma Oedipus complex that involves chewing bath mats and sniffing underwear drawers. Ergo the addiction to all things Lakeland unless of course like me you just think that just because everyone else in your family smoked the stuff you should as well due to your extremely limited taste horizons and a innate conservatism! rotf

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
It's not the NHS hospital air fresheners. It's an combination of urinal blocks used in infant school toilets - remember telling the stupid kid about the sugar cube in the urinal? This is combined with a Grandma Ma Oedipus complex that involves chewing bath mats and sniffing underwear drawers. Ergo the addiction to all things Lakeland unless of course like me you just think that just because everyone else in your family smoked the stuff you should as well due to your extremely limited taste horizons and a innate conservatism!
YEA!!!! What he said! And yo mama(or GrandMAMA)... bdw :poop:

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
It's not the NHS hospital air fresheners. It's an combination of urinal blocks used in infant school toilets - remember telling the stupid kid about the sugar cube in the urinal? This is combined with a Grandma Ma Oedipus complex that involves chewing bath mats and sniffing underwear drawers.

Laugh it up now Chuckles but one day you may weep over the loss of Ennerdale Flake.

• Wow
Reactions: Elric
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Worth keeping in mind At the beginnings The Gawith&Hoggarth products were exclusive only to Her Royal Highness the Majesty of Queen's subjects, over the years this may have some influence on how they are used to run them business

Reactions: BROBS

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Which came first? I wasn't here then. But more space can be bought. Capitol can be had with a ton of demand.
Apologies if this has already been stated; Apart from being a rather small company, what limits output is that they use very old equipment, traditional methods & the aging of tobacco & their blends.

Just from reading this forum I can see that Samuel Gawith tobaccos are very popular in the States.
Even if they were able to double production overnight I'm sure that there would still be a very high demand.

Many pipe smokers fear what the mongrel bureaucrats & politicians have in store for smokers, so it would be sensible to cellar as much as one can afford. This I believe is what's fueling the shortages.
Now that we've heard that Germains is the next blender to close it's doors, Esoterica blends, which are already scarce [In around 18 months of buying tobacco from O/S before the laws changed, I wasn't able to score a single tin of the stuff - shit, for that matter, it was he same for all SG products] it will be snapped up before it even hits the shelves.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
We've heard this where?
Earlier in this thread [Page #2 maybe?] Apparently the heirs aren't interested in the business. [Probably politically correct snowflakes who are so astoundingly wealthy that they can afford to send a successful small business down the gurgler]

Edit to add; page #2, post #23 by @sablebrush52

Oct 7, 2016
If it's really just a matter of not filing the right paper work and now they've lost the entire US market,.. they look like a bunch of boobs. Makes you wonder how they stayed in business for 200 years?
As a general rule, the importer files the paperwork to comply with his markets regulations. There was a change in the importer for GH last year. Turned out to have been at an inoppotune time. Lots of fingers could, and no doubt are, being pointed, but Chris Gawith is working hard to try to correct these issues.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
I fear one of your legs is now longer than the other. ?
If only you knew just how close to the truth ........ oh you mean ...... yeah, I fell for that one.
[Maybe Sable has shares in Germain & wanted to start a wave of panic buying? lol]

Reactions: mingc
Status
Not open for further replies.