PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
There is that really nice version of that made by the Turkish arms manufacturer who have mounted it on a drone platform and it lays down one hell of a field of fire. Just proves that war is a spectator sport!

Reactions: BROBS

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
As for the clip/mag thing, technically “clip” would refer to a metal enclosure generally loaded from the top of the action, open at the top, front and bottom to hold a number of rounds of ammunition, facilitating faster reloading. Examples are the US M1 Garand, Italian Carcano, Steyr M95.

Magazine refers to a metal box, open at the top, very similar to a clip. Loaded from the top, side or bottom of the action.

Clips are usually ejected automatically after the last round is fired, magazines have to be manually detached.

My favorites: Fabrique National (FN), SIG.

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
That's a pretty revolver! Partial to revolvers myself...I carry a 38 as my CCW. What does that weigh? Upwards of 40+ ozs?
I'm not sure actually. Looks like the 4" barrel weight 33.5, so this is slightly heavier, but it's not too bad. I think my 1911 is noticeably heavier.

Reactions: kurtbob

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Ok if I cannot get a Predator Drone my my next choice would be a 20MM Vulcan Cannon nick named The Hand of God.

Tell me there is not one guy here who wouldn't loose it if they could shoot that baby till your hands blend.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I own several Wilson Combat handguns. A Bill Wilson Carry CQB in .45 and an EDC x9 in 9mm.

My daily carry is a Sig Sauer Nightmare 1911 in .357 sig

I also keep a 300 blackout AR Pistol in my truck with a suppressor on it.

another great truck gun in a CMMG AR9 in 9mm.

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
My two ones (owning them here is a paperwork, regulations and requirements nightmare, of course you can´t carry them, for transport they must be unloaded, separated from ammunition and in the car trunk, you have to have a special safe box which is more expensive than many arms, and basically surrender your rights to the police, so they can enter your house at any time without a judicial warrant. Any small offense will have them removed without compensation, only fifty bullets of each caliber allowed at your own house, where the guns must always been inside the safe box unless you are cleaning them, you get the idea) are a .22 Walther SSP and a Sig Sauer super target (9mm). They are great guns, very precise, but only suitable, specially in the case of the Walther, to standard pistol precision soothing (which is what I like).

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
My two ones (owning them here is a paperwork, regulations and requirements nightmare, of course you can´t carry them, for transport they must be unloaded, separated from ammunition and in the car trunk, you have to have a special safe box which is more expensive than many arms, and basically surrender your rights to the police, so they can enter your house at any time without a judicial warrant. Any small offense will have them removed without compensation, only fifty bullets of each caliber allowed at your own house, where the guns must always been inside the safe box unless you are cleaning them, you get the idea) are a .22 Walther SSP and a Sig Sauer super target (9mm). They are great guns, very precise, but only suitable, specially in the case of the Walther, to standard pistol precision soothing (which is what I like).
Pretty Draconian.

Status
Not open for further replies.