PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
There are a lot of gun noobs out there lately due to a certain amount of disorder. Gun classes are swamped, and training is a must!
Don’t point the thing at anything you don’t want to kill.
Practice grip control.
Practice trigger control.
Always, always be aware of collateral ”damage”.
In order to do the above, I hope you can find some ammo!!
Treat every firearm as though it's loaded, ALWAYS.
NEVER point the muzzle at anything you don't intent to shoot.
ALWAYS keep the muzzle pointed downrange.
ALWAYS know what's behind your intended target.
NEVER place you finger on the trigger unless you intend to shoot.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Growing up it was Winchester and Colt - days of John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Roy Rogers and many western TV series. Had all sorts of shotguns over the years, no particular loyalty there, just what fits. But handguns --- I've got an early model S&W Chief's Special that I love, a Colt Diamondback snubbie, and this year finally succumbed with the Gen 5 Model 19s and bought a Glock . . . wow, I see why my law enforcement friends love these, but I'm still a revolver guy at heart. So those are a few I really like, but in honor of Sean Connery, picked up this 1967 pristine Walther PPK 7.65mm almost exactly a year ago and it's my favorite and it's not unfired any more. ;)

D87A6225-4C3F-48FB-829E-6C9216B19E0D_1_201_a.jpeg

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Sadly, my handguns were lost years ago in an unfortunate boating accident. But generally speaking, firearms are simply tools. No two are the same, and you’ve got to have the right ones in the box based on your needs. You buy the best you can afford, you learn to use them properly, and you take the time to maintain them as meticulously as possible. You don’t spend a lot of time thinking about them (unless, of course, you’re the type that might be, say, a hammer or screwdriver enthusiast). Rather, you think about the job and which tool(s) in your box might be most useful in accomplishing it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Somewhere I read that when Smith and Wesson established the .357 round, one of the owners of the company went on a big game hunting safari to demonstrate the efficacy of it, using handguns. It was good publicity. I've never forgotten that, though they didn't detail what game was actually taken.

Reactions: kurtbob
Status
Not open for further replies.