PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
We should do a trade with the NFL. Us Europeans can watch NFL at a civilised hour without arriving at work with rings around our eyes on a Monday morning, and the US get the soccer.

Ukraine are going to give England a he'll of a game tonight. They've ran 50km more than England and its England's first travel.

Yeah, not that beating Germany at Wembley is "easy" by any means but this will be a big test for England - it'll all come down to how Southgate sets it up.

- - -

It's our first game away from Wembley and the Ukraine aren't mugs so it will probably be a tough match.
I want to see an entertaining game with lots of goals and an England victory?.

Probably going to be a cagey 1-0 given how Southgate likes to play. I doubt we'll see many goals but this tournament has been a surprise at every corner.

Jun 23, 2019
Yeah, not that beating Germany at Wembley is "easy" by any means but this will be a big test for England - it'll all come down to how Southgate sets it up.

- - -

Probably going to be a cagey 1-0 given how Southgate likes to play. I doubt we'll see many goals but this tournament has been a surprise at every corner.

@smudgersmissingleg and I stand corrected! Sheesh, lots of goals indeed and an easy England win!

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Being half danish, this is getting exciting. The way England steamrolled Ukraine today makes the task look very daunting for Denmark, and I don't expect them to make it. Everything is possible though.
As much as I'd like Denmark to repeat their '92 run, if I were a betting man I'd bet England and Italy to go to the finals and Italy to win. Although I prefer England.
Both matches were were entertaining today and only Ukraine disappointed.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
All geared up for the game. Let's hope something's rotten in Denmark and England prevail.

Right now in minute 83 of Argentina-Colombia. Technically crappy picture, but entertaining game. Not as many flops as I was expecting.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Not being a footie fan, the first ever football match I watched (almost) from start to finish was last week's England versus Ukraine game.

It was vaguely interesting and of course I was rooting for England but there were far too many pauses in the game for me to be entirely hooked.

I believe this is normal however.

I just might tune in for the game tonight :rolleyes:

Regards,

Jay.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
England v Denmark, England definitely had their best dive artists on the pitch, Kane, Sterling, and Grealish.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"DVRs are your friends."

John, I was referring to the many pauses in the game due to the ball being out of the playing area, folks fouling each other etc, not commercial breaks.

Watched last night's game with Denmark and that too was interesting however I thought far too many players fell to the ground playing dead at the slightest contact with another player. This too I believe is normal.

Will I be watching the final? You bet I will :)

Regards,

Jay.

Apipeinthewoods

Might Stick Around
Jan 24, 2020
Dublin, Ireland
England v Denmark, England definitely had their best dive artists on the pitch, Kane, Sterling, and Grealish.

Regarding Grealish I think it is not diving. There is always contact. He does manufacture his positioning for the fouls but it is not a dive like Sterling.

Personally, I'm delighted England have dropped this 'we are too righteous to dive' attitude. They are joining many other teams in doing it. And UEFA have shown they are not interested in fixing it when it suits an agenda (bigger teams, bigger final revenue).

Status
Not open for further replies.